Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Armalite Ar-24 Pistol

ErikW

Armalite pistols web page

stdSight.jpg

Armalite picture

The AR-24 is a rebadged Turkish Sarsilmaz Kilinc 2000, which is more or less a copy, not clone, of the CZ-75.

light2000_2.jpg

Sarsilmaz Kilinc 2000 lite

Kilinc 2000 web page

This looks so much like a Tanfoglio design, it's uncanny. Specifically, the mag release, safety, slide stop lever, trigger, and vertical cuts in the frontstrap. The scalloped dust cover is different, as is the slide contour. I have to wonder if some of these parts are licensed from Tanfoglio.

As a long time CZ and yes, Bren Ten fan I am very interested in any CZ type pistol. My dealer has order information from them. Depending on price I may get the Custom Model for Production and wait to see the Polymer and AR-26 in .45ACP and dare I say it, 10MM too?

More photo and discussion over on www.czforum.com Price is about $525.

A rep at last year's SHOT show claimed the slide was forged in contrast to the old Tanfoglio casting method. But, I never hear about tanfoglios or cz cracking slides. And they are the only other platform besides the 1911 with a long track record of holding up to constant Major PF (both new and old) ammo.

Still, welcome Armalite!

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to ad that I have personally played with and dry fired the gun (A gun magazine writer frequents the store/range I work at and has all of his T&E guns transferred in through us) And as a longtime CZ shooter I do think the Armalite gun has a lot going for it. Fit and finish was very nice, slide contour was very nice and very similar to the SIG 210 in apperance and execution. Trigger was pretty decent in dry fire and would break in well. If I get a chance to fire it I will let everyone know how it shoots.

Thanks AZ gunnut! Look forward to it.

BTW - the Turks have a history w/ the CZ-75 going back to ancient times - almost back to the original intro of the gun in 1975 (in the Communist/non-NATO world). They have issued it to various forces in a variety of climates, and now they are building their own gun - albeit more a copy of the Tanfoglio than the CZ. Looks like a high quality gun.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

I had one for about 2 months and it spent one of those months back at Armalite. They tried to fix its ejection problem but couldn't, so they sent me a new one. I'm grateful to Armalite for standing behind this lemon. I sold the new one without ever shooting it. I wish I had the 500 rounds back I spent trying "break in" that .....pistol. Can't reccomend them.

That's a shame. I think the general design of the gun is a great one (CZ-75 and a it's bastard stepchildren). There are lemons everywhere. I still shoot a Baby Eagle on occasion for IDPA or Production. Still one of my favorite "service" guns.