Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Witness Trigger Spring

paul788

I think your best bet is to try to find a similar shaped tortion spring made of thinner wire. I don't think anyone ever offered a reduced power spring for that purpose, and the only place I ever found a replacement factory spring was EAA.

Paul,

I cannot give you a soure but can tell you what I did. My company had an equipment graveyard and I was able to find a fax machine that used springs that were very similar to the springs in question, but were significantly lighter. Those springs, in concert with an N-frame (Smith) rebound spring, for a mainspring, gave me the combination I was looking for.

You sometimes have to look in unconventional places for some of these parts!

I got one of these spring kits for my old Witness. Doesn't have a trigger return spring in it but the single action pull is at 2 3/4 pounds and D/A is a little over 9 pounds now.

I wouldn't think you'd want to reduce the return spring by too much just because you could run into problems with it resetting.

YMMV

G

you can just bend the spring to reduce the pressure..

it is trial and error..if you take too much pressure off the trigger will not return..then you got to disassemble and bend the spring back..

or will a CZ trigger return spring fit??

you can just bend the spring to reduce the pressure..

it is trial and error..if you take too much pressure off the trigger will not return..then you got to disassemble and bend the spring back..

or will a CZ trigger return spring fit??

Dunno. However, the new SP-01s seem to be breaking these springs. After bending it to taste, keep it oiled.