Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Svi +2 Base Pad

infinity

"Our most recent IPSC Standard basepads will only fit in the box with a factory SV pistol. This allows 19rnds to fit in the magazine and still fit in the box on our 124mm magazine. The OAL of the basepad is .575.

Thanks Brandon"

After reading this quote, I measured my admittedly "prototype" SV wedge basepad and it is smaller than the dimension that Brandon supplied. He claims an OAL of .575 and mine measured out at about .520 or .525, depending on how it was measured. Don't know how helpful my pad would be to you guys, since it is not the latest version, but I will bring it anyway.

Leo

All three pistols were sightrackers, but if my memory is good, none of them was a flat topped model. I might give a try to your setup (Rescomp tube and SV pad) in my STI Eagles.

Yesterday, I assembled a 19 rounds mags using Rescomp tube, Skywalkerized SV follower and homemade aluminium pad, Box friendly !

Life is good sometimes !

:P

All three pistols were sightrackers, but if my memory is good, none of them was a flat topped model. I might give a try to your setup (Rescomp tube and SV pad) in my STI Eagles.

Yesterday, I assembled a 19 rounds mags using Rescomp tube, Skywalkerized SV follower and homemade aluminium pad, Box friendly !

Life is good sometimes !

:P

I still have to order some springs to try and play around with the "Skywalker" setup, maybe I can get even more in ;)

Let me know if things work out with your guns with the Rescomp tube, SV pad setup. Especially using the SV follower instead of the Grams in it.

• 2 weeks later...

I got Leo's SV pads and tried them on my SPS tubes. Remember; these are shorter than the SV tubes.

My SPS tubes with Dawson wedges hold 18 reloadable and fit in the box.

The SPS tubes with the SV pads on them ALSO hold 18 and DO NOT fit in the box.

My gun is a flat topped S_I with a "squashable" Bomar.

The mags with Sv pads on them are, I would guess, about 2mm too long. I don't know where they are getting that 2mm, maybe a deeper flat top and a tiny .140" height front sight, but if I were going to use them in a major match where I might be checked I would check things out carefully. You might "saw" them into a wooden box, but the CNC'd aluminum one I borrowed, just wouldn't budge.

Anyway, there's what I found...

I got Leo's SV pads and tried them on my SPS tubes. Remember; these are shorter than the SV tubes.

My SPS tubes with Dawson wedges hold 18 reloadable and fit in the box.

The SPS tubes with the SV pads on them ALSO hold 18 and DO NOT fit in the box.

My gun is a flat topped S_I with a "squashable" Bomar.

The mags with Sv pads on them are, I would guess, about 2mm too long. I don't know where they are getting that 2mm, maybe a deeper flat top and a tiny .140" height front sight, but if I were going to use them in a major match where I might be checked I would check things out carefully. You might "saw" them into a wooden box, but the CNC'd aluminum one I borrowed, just wouldn't budge.

Anyway, there's what I found...

Hm, the box I'm using is made out of plexiglass not wood. It's also made to the minimum diameter measurements. It takes a bit of the old "IPSC box wiggle" to get the gun in, but it does fit.

At a match here they had a slightly bigger box as it almost dropped into that one.

Just tested the SVI +2 pad on a SPS tube (don't have any SV tubes) and I did get it in, even got 19 rounds in that one too. What kind of spring/follower did you use?

I'm leaving for the US for a the holidays, but when I get back home I'll measure my slide, as I'm really curious what the "go, no go" difference is. My frontsight is normal height, maybe it's either a deeper slide or more space for the Bomar to squash itself into, don't know. The gun I'm using these mags with is a Limcat Wildcat.

interesting.

I would expect the SPS tubes to hold either one more, or at least give you "reloadable" in an otherwise tight packed mag. If you can get 19 in the SV, then I would expect 19+1 reloadable in the SPS.

I am using the stock SPS follower and spring currently, but my exp is that they hold as many as the Grams. My SPS 140's hold 21 with either the stock SPS follower or the GRams. Honestly I'd rather have the Grams in there, but right now funds are tight enough that I can't replace them.

interesting.

I would expect the SPS tubes to hold either one more, or at least give you "reloadable" in an otherwise tight packed mag. If you can get 19 in the SV, then I would expect 19+1 reloadable in the SPS.

I am using the stock SPS follower and spring currently, but my exp is that they hold as many as the Grams. My SPS 140's hold 21 with either the stock SPS follower or the GRams. Honestly I'd rather have the Grams in there, but right now funds are tight enough that I can't replace them.

Haven't tested the SPS tube with SPS follower/spring and the SV pad, will do so when I get back from the US.

The Rescomp tube is the "biggest" capacity wise I have, bigger than the STI and SPS ones. Don't have any SV tubes so can't compare to those.

I'm surprised that there is so much trouble getting guns in the box with these pads though, especially as SV made them to be box fit.