Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9 O'clock A Zone Groups...

Icefire

Well I was shooting .22 from May to July, sold it and bought a CZ75b .40.

I have added FO sights and from a rest it's within 1" of POA.

I didn't pratice with it much but I took my BB course last week-end (600rnds) and at slow, slow shoot, it was in the A zone, maybe 80% of time.

A zone or not, it's wide groups, 6 inch big minimum. at 7-10yrds

If I speed up, most shoots are A zone sized but about 8 inch to the 9:00 in the C/D.

I was jecking the trigger but even if I use the tip of my finger, remove the overtravel and pull/squeeze until break, I have a hard time hitting a Post-it(2"x2") at 10yrds.

I don't have a flinch (tested with snap cap in mags).

I need a starting point... I use the grip in the Todd Jarret Grip Video.

and at 25yrd, I'm not even on target if I speed up. barelly on 8.5"x11" at slow.

Thanks

Well I was shooting .22 from May to July, sold it and bought a CZ75b .40.

I have added FO sights and from a rest it's within 1" of POA.

I didn't pratice with it much but I took my BB course last week-end (600rnds) and at slow, slow shoot, it was in the A zone, maybe 80% of time.

A zone or not, it's wide groups, 6 inch big minimum. at 7-10yrds

If I speed up, most shoots are A zone sized but about 8 inch to the 9:00 in the C/D.

I was jecking the trigger but even if I use the tip of my finger, remove the overtravel and pull/squeeze until break, I have a hard time hitting a Post-it(2"x2") at 10yrds.

I don't have a flinch (tested with snap cap in mags).

I need a starting point... I use the grip in the Todd Jarret Grip Video.

and at 25yrd, I'm not even on target if I speed up. barelly on 8.5"x11" at slow.

Thanks

A straight lateral movement is most likely going to be trigger control, try practicing riding the reset on your particular pistol.

H.

How did you shoot with the .22? If you bench it on sandbags, you can gradually reduce the support the bags give you and see if anything shows up there. Maybe you're squeezing your whole hand or something-- pretend you're holding a pistol in your strong hand in a firing grip and work the 'trigger'-- do your other fingers move?

One thing I see, I readjust often my grip, every shot or so..
New shooters I take out seem to do that a lot, and I can't figure out what's going on. I still do it some too I guess -- still working on my grip and platform, or whatever the ninja term is. :ph34r:;)

When I see the "9:00 syndrome".... it's often caused by putting the finger too far into the trigger guard. If the finger is put in past the first knuckle pad then the base of the finger often pushes the gun due left (for right handers) as the trigger is pulled.

I really see a lot of shooters do this when they "Bill Drill".

Edited by MichiganShootist

• 3 weeks later...

I have been having a similar problem. I found that my weak hand grip was too loose. When I made a conscious effort to correct this, the groups moved back. As soon as I went back to auto pilot everything went left again. Could this be a sign of another problem? I also tried adjusting my trigger finger location to no avail.

I started using a grip exerciser while driving around town. Twice as any repetitions on the weak have as on the strong. The groups are moving over on their own.

I was surprised at how much difference there is between strong and week hand (at least in my case).

One thing I see, I readjust often my grip, every shot or so..
New shooters I take out seem to do that a lot, and I can't figure out what's going on. I still do it some too I guess -- still working on my grip and platform, or whatever the ninja term is. :ph34r:;)

I was working with a fairly new shooter once, and watching him re-grip every shot. So I told him to, for the next string, be aware of whether he was gripping harder with his left hand or his right hand. And then tell me the answer after he was done shooting. And wouldn't you know it, he immediately started shooting without re-gripping at all.

Up to that moment, I'd never tried that experiment on anyone. So it was a cool lesson for me as well as him. Without knowing that he had a problem, what the problem was, or even trying to fix the problem, the problem fixed itself. Simply by placing his complete attention in the correct area.

be