Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Keep G35, Or Trade

billdncn

I'm really liking what I see, and read about the Elite Limited from EAA. I plan on shooting USPSA next year, and I have a G35. I'm sure most here will tell me to shoot what I have, but I can't seem to shake this urge :unsure:

So talk me out of the Witness :wacko:

BTW, I can't afford to just buy another gun. Gotta get rid of something

Thanks..............I think?

So talk me out of the Witness

EAA has decades of bad customer service to speak very loudly about themselves. If Tanfolglio (who manufactures the gun, which is imported by EAA) setup shop in the states, I'd say go for it but if you want parts from EAA you're out of luck. ...or maybe you'll call them on a good day and they'll actually respond to your request. Who knows, wacky fun!

If you like the CZ75 gunsystem (the Witness is a CZ75 derivative) and want to shoot limited, look into the CZ75 Tactical Sport. CZ has good support and part availability in the states. CZ's Production gun, the SP01 Shadow is a nice heater too.

Keep the Glock and shoot Production. If you can't get the Witness out of you mind, buy a CZ instead and be glad that you never had the pleasure of dealing with EAA.

Keep the Glock. I don't know anything about EAA, but the Glock can do anything you want it to. Also if your budget is a little tight, don't forget that a new gun also means mags, mag pouches, holster, and whatever else you might want like new sights.

I bought an EAA 9mm for limited years ago. Took the pistol apart to clean and lube before the first range trip. Imagine my surprise when I saw that there WAS NO RIFLING in the barrel. It appears the barrel was never finished - I assume that the barrel was significantly less than .355 so I probably would have a KABOOM when I fired the first round. I sent the pistol back and have never looked at another EAA product.

Also if your budget is a little tight, don't forget that a new gun also means mags, mag pouches, holster, and whatever else you might want like new sights.

Good point. Thanks

I bought an EAA 9mm for limited years ago. Took the pistol apart to clean and lube before the first range trip. Imagine my surprise when I saw that there WAS NO RIFLING in the barrel. It appears the barrel was never finished - I assume that the barrel was significantly less than .355 so I probably would have a KABOOM when I fired the first round. I sent the pistol back and have never looked at another EAA product.

Wow! :wacko:

I know I should keep the Glock, and probably will. I'm just gassing for something different. Right know it's my IDPA SSP gun. I guess when I start USPSA I can just add a magwell, and some mag extensions.

+1 on what IHP and the others have said...recommend you keep the glock... if you must have something like that EAA/Tanfoglio on a restricted budget, take a look at the CZ guns...

I hate it when good intentions end up as bad experiences. Have heard horror stories about EAA but am too chicken to buy one and find out first hand... especially when there are so many guns/manufacturers with great reputations available in the marketplace.

I have a glock. Reliable and accurate piece, but takes some getting used to because of un-1911 grip angle, light weight, peculiar stock trigger pull and flat-out sucky stock sights. All of these things can be fixed or grown accustomed to. I initially had my doubts, but now I realize the gun isn't holding me back. IMHO a glock will take you as far as you want to go, provided you are willing to work for it.

If money is a big issue - I know it is for me - keep the Glunk. It pains me to say that, but they work, and if you're used to shooting it, you probably won't shoot another gun better.

If the Witness interests you, get a base model CZ-75B. They're going for ~$350 in my area. Mags, holsters, parts and gunsmithing are available for them, and you won't need to replace the barrel for accuracy reasons or to shoot lead. The importer here in the States is easy to deal with. Sights and a trigger job are all you need to be fully competitive in USPSA Production or IDPA SSP/ESP.

Thanks guys......I'm starting to feel better now. I think my gas is passing :huh:

My G35 is an awesome pistol. I did make Expert with it in IDPA, and it does shoot great. Under 1.5" at 25 with my handload B). 3.75lb trigger, Dawson sights.

Think I'll keep it

Thanks, Bill

I know I should keep the Glock, and probably will. I'm just gassing for something different. Right know it's my IDPA SSP gun. I guess when I start USPSA I can just add a magwell, and some mag extensions.

I have found upgrading my Glock for limited has been a good way to scratch the itch when I get the urge for "something different". Adding a new part or making an improvement to your G35 can be fun and won't break the bank since you stated that you could not afford to buy another gun without selling your Glock. The main benefit though is as you upgrade your Glock your abilities with it will improve as well.

Here's what I have done to mine. Keeping in mind that most of these upgrades can easily be undone if you save your original parts. That way you can easily convert your Glock back to its previous state for IDPA or production.

1. Replace sights. You already did that.

2. Vanek Custom Ultimate Trigger. Keep the original or get a VC drop-in for production.

3. Dawson Ice Heavy Magwell.

4. Tungsten extended guide rod.

5. THE extended Mag release.

6. Once it becomes your dedicated limited gun (which it probably will at some point) get

the grip stippled. Vanek Custom (who does not advertise framework) did mine and I love it.

7. Want it to look different? Send the slide to Tripp Research and get it hard chromed. It

matches the hard chrome Dawson magwell perfectly. Yes it will still be production legal.

8. I don't need a beavertail with my grip, but if you want one Vanek Custom does a nice

job in that department as well. Don't do this until it is a dedicated limited gun.

Make the improvements as you can afford them. It takes a few weeks to get the slide back from Tripp so do that during the coldest winter month. By the time you get done with it you will have a very nice custom limited gun to be proud of! B)

Like everybody else has said, keep the glock. If you can make expert with it, you evidentally know how to shoot it. If you want to go full bore limited there are lots of ways you can make your glock into a very nice limited gun....just lookie here:

Glock35B.JPG

Or go to the gallery and look at the limited picture thread.

BTW, I can't afford to just buy another gun. Gotta get rid of something

Thanks..............I think?

Well if you have a wife you could always trade her in :blink:

Keep the Glock for now.. I'd save your pennies then buy it.. From what i've read though it seems to be a good deal for the EAA... If you had the glock and the EAA broke it would not be as painful, you'd still be able to shoot even if the other gun was down.

I shoot a G35 in uspsa, in L-10, Prod and Limited.. great all around weapon.

You going to shoot up in Fredericksburg next year ? Tino puts on a awesome match.

Jeff B.