Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 35 Or Sti Edge

azron

automatic fire tends to be faster than most ppl can cycle the trigger ;)

Figure that at 750 rounds per minute ( an MP5 ) was putting splits of .05 to .07 on my timer. A Glock 18 fires at over 1100 rounds per minute....What are those splits????

I've seen Dick Burkhardt and Adam Poppelwell shoot .10 splits but I think they can't catch the full auto guns. Bryan Wilhite shoots a relatively stock G35 with fast splits just like the above shooters.

Buy what you can and shoot a BUNCH of ammo.

If you work an area match you will see predominantly 2 basic guns: 1911/STI/SV and Glocks...

Give a good shooter any gun and he'll do well, give a new shooter a good gun as oppossed to a junker and he should do better with the better gun....?

Mick

A27257

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
I have seen a Glock 18 fire and I am sure no human has achieved that rate of fire in ANY GUN!! So Glock (or any other gun ) will not hold you back per se... what you need to do is see which gun is more 'natural' to you and which one you have no fundamental problems (challenges) with...

for e.g. I prefer a weapon that pushes less back on me.. so to get comfy with a glock I had to increase recoil spring poundage rather than decrease (which is the common trend).. result more flip but less push back.. I can live with that and helps me to time the weapon better.

.. re: previous post;

1st line should read "I have seen a Glock 18 fire and I am sure no human has achieved that rate of fire in ANY SEMI-AUTOMATIC GUN!!

Just because the Glock 18 can cycle faster than any normal human could possibly pull the trigger doesn't mean much. How many of those rounds you saw fired actually would have hit the target? Not many, I'm guessing. I've shot a lot of full autos over the years and only a few really give you the ability to put multiple hits on specific targets and that's always at short range. With that said, the 18 is pretty cool;-)

Good day all.

I have a dilema and would like some input from those who have more experience. First a little on my background. I have been shooting Bullseye for the last 4 years and am advancing in that decently. I discovered IPSC/USPSA last year and shot in 3 or 4 local matches with my box stock springfield 45.

Now for my question.

I have been trying to decide if I should buy a glock 35 and make a few modifications like trigger pull, magwell, etc or if I should just suck it up and by the STI Edge from Dawson Precision and 5 mags to go with it.

I see advantages to both. With the Glock it is cheaper and a lot of shooters seem to do well with this pistol. The STI would almost assureadly be the only pistol purchased for limited.

I am asking for opinions, keping in mind that I would be shooting limited.

Good day all.

I have a dilema and would like some input from those who have more experience. First a little on my background. I have been shooting Bullseye for the last 4 years and am advancing in that decently. I discovered IPSC/USPSA last year and shot in 3 or 4 local matches with my box stock springfield 45.

Now for my question.

I have been trying to decide if I should buy a glock 35 and make a few modifications like trigger pull, magwell, etc or if I should just suck it up and by the STI Edge from Dawson Precision and 5 mags to go with it.

I see advantages to both. With the Glock it is cheaper and a lot of shooters seem to do well with this pistol. The STI would almost assureadly be the only pistol purchased for limited.

I am asking for opinions, keping in mind that I would be shooting limited.

I started shooing uspsa this past spring. Bought a Glock 34 to get started as I did not load metalic and it would be cheaper to shoot. Those Glocks are quite the machines - I had mine tuned up (trigger, polish,whatever) it always works and is so simple to maintain. I found I do much prefer the feel and grip angle of the 1911 type guns. So I had my Kimber tuned up too and then bought a limited gun( SVI) which I havent had chance to shoot a lot yet but I am going to. Naturally I had to get a reloader too - so now I am kinda set. You will save a lot of money by buying a Glock 35 and just shooting it - but!!!!!!!!!! Buy the edge, have it and the mags you buy tuned by someone competent and I am sure you will be pleased with the results.

• 2 months later...

I appreciate all the responses and thoughts.

I thought I would write to let you know how things turned out.

I sat down and read all the responses and looked at my priorities and goals.

I decided to hold the money for the edge in a CD for this season and continue to shoot L-10 with my 45.

This will let me work on the game and decide if I really am suited for this game.

As well as, do I have time with the other shooting I do (Bullseye, HP, BR, etc)

Thanks all.