Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Idpa Equipment For An St? Double Stack

Merlin Orr

I think they call them the 120 mm mags. You need the ones they use for IPSC "Standard". Throw a $22 Dawson pad on each, or pm me and I'll sell you a bunch of plastic ones I have cheap.

As to Magwell, the scuttlebut on here is that the Krebs plastic or SV aluminum will fit no mods, the STI is too wide and will need to be trimmed.

I like my DOH, but they're not legal anymore. There is a different mount you can use...

Edited by dirtypool40

Eric

I thought I might just order the mags complete from STI and be done with it. The 120 mags - IPSC Standard - sound like they would have to fit as the IPSC box is a tiny bit smaller than the IDPA box...??? I think... I hope the 120s will hold at least 11 of the .45 so I can shoot it (downloaded) in ESP also. I have been really enjoying the local IDPA thing here and want to have a single gun for both CDP and ESP - hence the choice for the .45.

I have a small SVI magwell ... I also have a milling machine so that will not be a problem.

Edited....

I just found out that the IDPA box is actually a little smaller (height) than the IPSC box. Maybe that's why I see some of the wedge mag basepads at the local matchs....

Edited by Merlin Orr

One of the Brownells STI mag wells will fit into the box. I have one. Catalog # 823-105-001 in SS. The blue one is a little cheaper.

One of the guys at STI told me the 126mm mags would fit into the box. You might want to double check. One of my older Brownells catalogs shows a "Duty" SVI .45 mag that holds 12 rounds and a "Standard" mag that holds 13. This would lead me to believe that one is a 120mm and the other a 126mm.

Edited by Joe D

Merlin: I guess you liked my STI I built for IDPA. This is what you will need and will fit the box. Get the 126mm tubes, Dawson wedge base pad (box pad) and the SVI magwell or cut the STI one down like mine or buy the plastic one I have (haha). The plastic STI base pads will work in the box as well. I have the Safariland 560 paddle holster that I like alot. You can use your Blade Tech if you get the belt mount. Mag holder I'm going to get the Blade tech with the tec lock. The mag holder I use now is the Blackhawk CQC. I'm finishing up the 45 slide and need to buy a barrel soon. See you this weekend maybe with the STI or the single stack. I'll bring the IDPA stuff so you can see. Hope this helps. Thanks Eric

Thanks for the info, Eric. This will be my third double stack ST? for IDPA. 9MM - .40 and now a .45. Tri-secta complete. Maybe with my new gun I will actually get scored instead of being relagated to the "cheater" division and shoot for no score..... :D

The S-I tri-fecta....Merlin, you are the man...You only got the cheater moniker from hanging with Benny....all the Houston based IDPA guys are scared of him....lol...he came down and shot a bit at the end of my IDPA career...brought some pimped out 38Super...but got beaten by this old man with a .45...can't remember now, who that was, but it will come to me...LOL

Good luck with the new .45...

:lol: