Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P.o.f. ?

1911vm

I have heard nothing but good things about their quality; however, I have no first hand experience. I am not yet sold on the piston operating system.

I do want one of their 416 Generation 2 lowers, though. The POF 416 lower will propbably be my next purchase.

Has any one herd anything good or bad about this system?

http://www.pof-usa.com/

Legal Notice of conflict/bias/etc.etc.: DSA (my sponsor) sells POF products

I got a POF upper in March. It has a 16 in barrel (1 in 8) and slimline Predator handguard. I added a Bennie Cooley comp. I was skeptical about the piston driven system as I thought it would bring excess vibration and motion to the system, effecting accuracy and maybe increasing recoil. I was wrong.

My POF has yet to lose a match! I should have taken it to the Nordic Rifle and Colorado MultiGun! It has had one malfunction in about 5K rounds (with a BetaMag - none with any magazine). It bucks around much less than a 16 in direct gas AR (but slightly more than a 20 in JP).

I really like the feel of the handguard.

Mine is accurate but slightly bullet finicky - more a function of my individual barrel than anything else. It loves 55 gr. American Eagle and Military ball. It shoots 77 Sierra MatchKings well too. It absolutely hates 75 gr. Hornadys. It is not as quite accurate as any of my JPs but it has been more reliable.

I have nothing but good things to say about my POF. Frank also supports the shooting sports.

I know several who have them here locally and they all love them. Had one guy who had a problem with his but it was related to his carrier key and not the piston system itself and the customer service was swift and professional per him.