Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Sights For Baby Boomer Eyes...

kraigster414

You guys over 50 know exactly what I mean. And if you wear variable focus eyeglasses, you REALLY know what I mean (the need to move your head up and down to get that sweet spot where the front sight is nice and sharp). I am leaning towards putting TruGlo TFOs on two of my Glocks. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

The HiViz Tactical sight is what old eyes need. You can see it on their website. It has a really big FO dot. It actually works pretty well. The dot will fill the notch of most rear sights. Just use it like an electronic dot. Put it in the center of the target and pull the trigger.

On a side note my eyes have actually gotten better to the point where I don't wear glasses any longer. Have not figured that one out yet.

Same guy. Get the large dot. Works really well with a Novak rear.

Here's a picture. At arm's length the dot fills the rear.

Let's see if they are smart enough to figure it out.

Joe, I just ordererd. Not cheap considering they are not Tritium but I think they majy just do the trick. I did order the larger diameter .125. I also ordered the rear sight to go with it. What the heck. Thanks again. I value your judgement.

My solution to this problem was a +3/4 diopter plano lens (aiming eye only) in a snap on frame. Goes on right over my street glasses. Combined with Sevigny Competition sights is like turning back the clock!!