Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting Too Many Rounds

Shawn Knight

I just got done with a good match today. I finished 4th overall and even won a stage. I did something really dumb. I shot 4 extra rounds just for the heck of it???? <_< I felt very dumb. I still look for holes in the targets. Don't do that. Know where your gun shoots and know where that front sight was when you take the shot! That whole calling shots thing just left my head and went bye bye! :rolleyes: The worst part was......

I reloaded to do it. :angry:

I had everything done, I ran a good stage, and I hit the steel on my first shots. Now I just have to learn to have confidence in my shots and leave them be. Oh well maybe next time. :D

Did you shoot the extra rounds out of spite or fustration? I see that rather regularly when someone bombs a stage.

Certainly NOT the est day to reinforce good habits!

Just because I didn't see holes. I am luck I was taking video of the stage I will have to analyze it for a while.

Been there and still there :) , and i usually kick myself(not literally)after the match. then the next match... it happens again :( *sigh* i need to practice for it to go away.. just gotta find the time :(

Need time? Skip the next match or two and use that time to get some practice in on what you need to work on.

Flex makes a good point. I think we all can get the practice we need to improve with a little sacrifice. That is a large reason why I continue to work the "graveyard" shift. It gives me the daytime off from work to "practice".

Dude, saw your video. If you think you missed a shot, just pull the trigger one more time or twice if you think you missed twice:p hehehe. "don't try to look for holes, your just wastin time" from our instructor :P

thats what i thought.

heres another. Edward Rivera, you know the guy who beats us most of the time. looks at the target and sees his hits. it works for him and when i tried it, does not work for me. :blink:

Dude, saw your video. If you think you missed a shot, just pull the trigger one more time or twice if you think you missed twice:p hehehe. "don't try to look for holes, your just wastin time" from our instructor :P

thats what i thought.

heres another. Edward Rivera, you know the guy who beats us most of the time. looks at the target and sees his hits. it works for him and when i tried it, does not work for me. :blink:

Nope! 4 perfect Alphas in the stacked targets. I suck again!! Just confirms my sillyness. Don't look for holes just shoot the targets.