Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

5 Year Old Logic

Bigbadaboom

My 5 y.o. son now plays soccer and played his 6th game ever last Thursday. While playing, a 6 y.o. who is in his 3rd season was on the other team. Nathaniel was holding his own pretty good but the other boy had really good control with his feet and score a goal on Nathaniel. When Nathaniel came over to get some water he was almost to the point of tears so I asked him what was the matter. He said "Just because that other kid is better than me doesn't mean that I can't beat him.". I explained that the other boy just had more experience and that Nathaniel would be scoring on him all the time once he learns a little more. I also said "You don't see me crying when ever I get beat at a match do you?" to which he replied "Well you're not 5 so you would look really silly crying about it."

I started laughing so hard it hurt and said "You have an excellent point, now go play."

Every day my boys show me another reason why I love them so much.

My boys is four years old, and he is constantly cracking me up with the things he says.

Once, after telling him multiple times not to do something, I asked him why he kept on doing it. His response, "I don't know any better" and "I don't know myself"

Recently, at the airport, I asked him if he knew how planes could fly. His response, "With the steering wheel."

My wife and I have a picture on the wall from our honeymoon 18 years ago. We like it because it shows us sitting together on a couch back when we were both thin. My wife was wearing a skirt and her nice legs are showing.

The other day my three year old daughter looked at the picture and said "Mommy, you were naughty on your honey trip!"

That was the best laugh we've had in awhile. It was like, how did she know?