Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Para All You Can Do Is Laugh

flyin hawaiian

I am a relatively new shooter. less than one year in the game and I though that I would share what happed to me last week. As most of you know hawaii has some crappy gun laws. One of them is that you can only have 10 round mags. So as the good law abiding citizen that I am, I proceeded to procure myself some 10 round mags for my para p16.

At this point every thing is going great my dawson base pads are fitting great its sitting beautifully in a dawson ice magwell "SHIBANG im going to do great ". Sat morning I show up at the range showing off my new mags and feeling generally pretty good about my self.

Then my name gets called and I walk up to the line. SHOOTER LOAD AND MAKE READY.

I then inserted one of my new mags in my gun, rack a round into the chamber and depress the mag release. Then it happens.

As you all know para 10 round mags are half plastic and half metal. Mine broke in half sending follower, spring, half a mag, and a base pad flying. My mentor comes running over

telling me not to worry that he would put the mag back together but just continue on. so here we go again. " SHOOTER LOAD AND MAKE READY " and sure enough it happens again and again and again. in all 4 mags hit the dust. I didnt try the other two I just hung my head in shame and proceeded to gather my things and walk off the range. There is a great ending to this story we have a great gun smith here in hawaii domi is the name he goes by. He saw what happened to me and took all the mags. This week end he gave them to me and I just came in second in the limited unclassified. THANKS DOMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the point to this storry is one, test every thing before you go to a match and two do not leave home with out a good gun smith lol. And this is for para, at 50 dollars a mag you think you guys could make a better mag.

That does suck, in a funny way.

Are you sure they weren't put together wrong? I have one of those funky "half plastic" P14 mags. I don't use it often, but I have used it a dozen times. I can see if the nubs were worn out or broken, but....all your mags in 5 minutes?! Dam! :(

That does suck, in a funny way.

Are you sure they weren't put together wrong? I have one of those funky "half plastic" P14 mags. I don't use it often, but I have used it a dozen times. I can see if the nubs were worn out or broken, but....all your mags in 5 minutes?! Dam! :(

all the mags were new out of the box. And come to find out another guy from our club had the same prob the week before.

The next time find a priest and make he do a blessing on you equipment :D:D:D:D:D

every time before I go to the line I say 2 our fathers and 1 hale mary.

Its no sufficient!!!!!!! Look at what happened to you!!! You need a exorcist :D

or scratch your balls before to start a stage ! :rolleyes:

Edited by Josh Biondi