Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sights For Para

BismarckC

At the recently monthly match the front sight came off my Para and was lost. It was the stock sight that came with the gun. I have to get a new front sight, and probably a new rear sight as well because I am having problems with it. Any recommendations?

I do not mind having the slide recut if necessary to accept a new sight.

P.S. I checked the search thread but I did not see any Para specific discussions.

I use a Dawson front sight on my SVI. I really like the .1" width. I don't think anybody else makes .1". It's just right... gives enough light and is more "accurate/fast" (for me) than the .09" width.

The Dawson FS is also undercut and serrated. A lot of the other FO FS have a smooth and vertical face. When I can see the details of the serration I KNOW that I have a front sight focus. You don't have that feedback and feature with a lot of the smooth front sights.

At the recently monthly match the front sight came off my Para and was lost. It was the stock sight that came with the gun. I have to get a new front sight, and probably a new rear sight as well because I am having problems with it. Any recommendations?

I do not mind having the slide recut if necessary to accept a new sight.

P.S. I checked the search thread but I did not see any Para specific discussions.

When it comes to front sights for Para's I have found the choices to be limited. If you want a plain balck front, you have to use the Para Factory front or have someone machine you one (this is because of the Para dove tail demensions or you can have a new dovetail cut in your slide). If you want a fiber optic or a night sight more options are available. I perfer the Dawson .100 fiber optic.

For the rear sight, I would suggest a BoMar (ensure that it is the one made for your rear sight cut). BoMars have been by far the most robust for me, although the new Para adjustable on my new P-16 Limited seems to be very well made.

Dave