Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DPMS rifles

BigDave

Any opinions on DPMS rifles?  I found a seller who has a 16" bull flat top with two 20rd mags, case and 300yd flip up sight, free float alum. handguard for $599.  He says its new.

How hard is it to make minor with a 16" barrel?

The DPMS guns I have seen all seem to be very well made. I have 2 myself and a few of their barrels.I have a 20" bull barrel gun that was very accurate right out of the box. It was also the first AR I have seen that would throw it's cases in a neat little pile without tinkering with it.The price sounds good.

It will be easier to make minor with the heavier bullets than the lighter ones but can be done without much problem.

Good Luck,

Bill

I don't have any personal experience w/ an entire DPMS rifle, however my open gun uses a DPMS upper receiver and bolt carrier.  Never had a problem w/ either.  Some very good shooters use DPMS components.  This gun  sounds like it has  a good price.

It is not too hard to make minor in a 16 inch if you shoot 68 or 69 grain bullets, but again that is only an issue at the USPSA 3-gun Nationals.

FYI I'm not sure what you mean by flip up 300 yd sight.  Is that the standard A2 sight?  I personally don't care for limited/iron sight rifles w/ a short sight radius - I have trouble getting a good front sight focus.  

Kelly---

When was the last time they actually chronographed anyone at the 3-Gun Nationals? I shot the last two and no one was collecting rounds or pulling bullets. Do they just hit up the top competitors or have they been slacking?

Just curious......