Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lighter Mag Release Spring For Glocks?

stevepitt

I'm not sure if it's because I'm a lefty and use my trigger finger to hit the mag release, or if I'm just used to the light mag release in my STI's, but about 1/2 the time I don't fully depress the mag release on my Glock 22.

Anyone ever modify the mag release spring on a Glock to lighten the pressure?

Bend it, grind it, or use a different type of metal?

I might get used to the stock spring over time, but I'll never shoot the Glock as much as my STI's. I've never had this problem with a 1911 or 1911 clone.

It surprised me that I can't find an aftermarket spring with lighter tension.

Steve Pitt

Bending the spring did it. It took a couple of trys to get it right. I only had a chance to dryfire, but it feels a LOT better. I need to live fire with it to make sure, but it lools like it's good to go.

Thanks for the advice. Thanks to Lizard too, a local shooting partner who told me to bend it before I posted here.

Steve

• 6 years later...

Bending the spring did it. It took a couple of trys to get it right. I only had a chance to dryfire, but it feels a LOT better. I need to live fire with it to make sure, but it lools like it's good to go.

Thanks for the advice. Thanks to Lizard too, a local shooting partner who told me to bend it before I posted here.

Steve

Steve,

How much bend did you give it? I'm a lefty and have the same issue. I had considered attempting to bend mine. I don't seem to have the problem with my Shadow.CZ uses a similar machanism for there mag release as well but they use a much more pronounced mag release button than in the Glock.

Do you have a pic of the spring with the bend in it as a reference guide for the rest of us?

Thanks.

Tavis

Hi Tavis,

I am a lefty as well and thought it was my own secret trick, until I just found this thread. I just gave it a little bend and like everyone says, just be careful that you bend it in the area that is outside the frame. I would err on the side of caution and give it more bend progressively. I love it and have not had an accidental mag drop. I really love it on cold days when I used to have to jam a numb trigger finger into the button to drop a mag, and with time would end up with a dented sore finger.