Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dryfire Question

Reyn

I understand dryfire as far drawing and dryfiring once but when talking about dryfiring while practicing engaging multiple targets i dont understand. How do you reset the trigger without cycling the slide.Do you draw and dryfire on the first target,find the next target and imagine your pulling the trigger?

I understand dryfire as far drawing and dryfiring once but when talking about dryfiring while practicing engaging multiple targets i dont understand. How do you reset the trigger without cycling the slide.Do you draw and dryfire on the first target,find the next target and imagine your pulling the trigger?

You do not have to have the hammer fall to get a training effect so the trigger does not need to be reset. :)

+1 to Pharoah's suggestion. Get Steve's book Here.

If you shoot a Glock and have an extra $65 to burn, the Deep 6 Comp trigger reset kit works pretty well and helps practicing triger reset at the same time.

After the inital hammer fall, just keep pulling the trigger. +1 on Steves book.

Be sure not to fall in the trap of jerking the trigger. I certainly did. Began to see lots of speed (on a relative basis) but too many shots that were low and left. Those with better fundamentals would probably avoid this. A class with Manny has done much to straighten me out.

You will also be able to practice the settle in (hover) after your draw, just before the hammer falls. You can have a fast draw but the settle as you tighten on the trigger gets you the A's. This will also prevent the jerking mentioned above, and can help with your transition between targets, as your time to aquire/call the shot will be more confident and shorter. AKA Feeling the shot.

You will also be able to practice the settle in (hover) after your draw, just before the hammer falls. You can have a fast draw but the settle as you tighten on the trigger gets you the A's. This will also prevent the jerking mentioned above, and can help with your transition between targets, as your time to aquire/call the shot will be more confident and shorter. AKA Feeling the shot.

Yes. I think of this as trigger prep. I shoot a lot of Glock and some revolver. You can use 1/2 of the draw as prep time. I mentioned Manny Bragg because he is a strong advocate of trigger preparation and his class really helped me with this. He has some good ideas about incorporating this in dry fire.