Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

L-10/idpa Esp Crossover

xuxupecheur

I know the topic has been covered; however, I've been thinking of getting a gun for such use. Keep in mind that I live in NJ, so mags over 15rd. are out of the question. Also, I do not want to spend or wait for a "custom" gun. Finally, it must "fit in the box" for IDPA use.

I'm considering a Para Jarrett with 10rd. mags. but I have not seen one yet. Does it fit in the box? In second place comes a CZ SA in 40. Any other suggestions or thoughts?

I've been very happy with my P16-40 Ltd for Limited and it would work well in L-10 too.

For me, the mods on the Jarret model don't especially suit me, and I'd just get the same thing I have now and switch out parts with exactly what I want. Of course that's just me.

An STI Eagle will fit in the box with the magwell removed. 10 round magazines are readily available. Just make sure whatever you get has a bushing barrel.

Any single stack .40 will work too. I use McCormick 9 round 10mm and Tripp 9 round .40 magazines for IDPA. You give up a round in ESP but that often works out well for slide-lock reloads.

Probabally the CZ is a better choice, the Paras are VERY close to weight check the specs if it's over weight then it's a no go.

But i don't know if either will fit in the box. do you have a link with dementions of each?

I have an EAA witness Match with mag well and all it still fits in the box. thought i had to trim the mag well a bit.