Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 Or Glock For Esp

GmanCdp

If you really wanted to get some "bang for your buck", you could buy a Glock 21 in .45 ACP and shoot it in CDP, ESP, and SSP. And of course, if you reload, you could make some bunny fart .45 loads for ESP and SSP.

Everyone I have talked to likes the 9+1 configuration of a 9mm 1911. If everything gets 2 shots, it's easier to remember after which target you do a slide lock reload.

.38 Super or Super comp brass around here is like hen's teeth, 9's and 40's you about need a scoop shovel and wheel barrow for.

I was using a SA 1911, military look alike. It shot well and did what I asked but I found that when shooting in cold weather matches, my arthritis in the hands/fingers caused problems with the controls- safety, slide release and mag release. SO, I switched to a G21, no buttons besides mag catch, just shoot. The 1911 looks lonely in the safe now all by its lonesome in the corner, but I haven't had anymore problems with not being able to operate the weapon in the cold either.

Everyone I have talked to likes the 9+1 configuration of a 9mm 1911. If everything gets 2 shots, it's easier to remember after which target you do a slide lock reload.

I hear and read this a lot. It is true to some extent IF everything gets two shots. It is also a sign that the MD and CoF writer are in a rut. Put in some triple taps or failure drills, a Popper here and there, and the advantage goes right away.