Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

He-man

1911vm

1911VM,

If the gun is hot holstered then you can usually go 10 in the mag and 1 in the chamber,

after that then only 10 in each mag on your belt. On a start posistion that you have to retreive the firearm then load it, it will be only the 10rds that you had in the mag. Some matches are different. As far as the gun type, most rules usually state .44 or larger. Single stack or double stack gun, it does not matter.

I hope this helps !

Good Luck !

Edited by nm3gnr

Well you're in luck. Superstition Mtn just announced the new Heavy Metal rules. .40 cal or larger, 165 PF, and no polymer framed guns. Goodbye Glock, hello single stack 1911. Although I would imagine the folks with Caspian and Para-Ordnance limited guns are pretty happy with it.

Well you're in luck. Superstition Mtn just announced the new Heavy Metal rules. .40 cal or larger, 165 PF, and no polymer framed guns. Goodbye Glock, hello single stack 1911. Although I would imagine the folks with Caspian and Para-Ordnance limited guns are pretty happy with it.

Ummm, let's see - Delta Elite, OK, Glock 20, not OK...? :wacko:

Pardon my ignorance but I have been away from IPSC for over ten years. What is He-Man class? Is it an official division of USPSA or a division of some other shooting discipline or a subdivision of USPSA single stack or what? I'm interested!!!

He-Man or Heavy Metal started in IMGA Multi Gun matches. The rules basically say, .30 cal rifle, and normally a .45 pistol with reduced (8 or 10) round mags, and a 12 ga shotgun. Some matches say pump only, others allow autos. USPSA adopted this as a Category for Multi Gun matches. This allows the match organizers to recognize Heavy Metal, Limited (most common) but they can also have Heavy Metal Open or Tactical depending on interest.