Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli M2 Full Choke With Slugs?

MCFooter

As the Subject says I would like your opinion on the tightest choke that can be used in a Benelli M2 with Slugs.

The reason for the question is I shoot a local “Outlaw” match that is notorious for having hard to take down steel. In fact most all the regulars uses Buckshot except me. I may need to start using buckshot but since it cost 4-5 times more I would prefer not to.

Is there a problem using the factory “Full” Choke with Slugs?

The reason for the question is I shoot a local “Outlaw” match that is notorious for having hard to take down steel. In fact most all the regulars uses Buckshot except me. I may need to start using buckshot but since it cost 4-5 times more I would prefer not to.

Seems like the solution to your problem is to use buckshot. It has to be cheaper than slugs, at least any of it I bought was cheaper than slugs, even the 3" 12 pellet is cheaper than slugs. Unless you have a free supply of slugs somehow.

Ken Reed

Seems like the solution to your problem is to use buckshot. It has to be cheaper than slugs, at least any of it I bought was cheaper than slugs, even the 3" 12 pellet is cheaper than slugs. Unless you have a free supply of slugs somehow.

Ken Reed

Ken,

Sorry for the confusion but I'm just asking in case slugs are needed in the same stage as some tough take down steel.

No plans to use slugs instead of buckshot.

Not recomended to shoot slugs in a full ck., can be done but usually inaccurate.

Benny,

Is there no fear of dammaging the barrel with slugs and a Full choke?

Would you say IM is the tightest of the Factory Chokes that should be used with slugs?

Thanks

The box of Remington slugs (12g, 1oz, 2 3/4") I have in front of me states "Rifled slugs may be fired through any choke; however, improved cylinder provides the best results." Your best bet is to head to the range with an assortment of slugs, your M2 and chokes to see what shoots the best and with how tight a choke you can hold the A zone at 50 yards or so with your gun. Also remember removable chokes are removable. ;)