Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Classifier Cheat Sheet

FTDR

I have a question about Stage 3, String 2.

I recently shot the IDPA classifier out of curiosity....(Sure enough, the last stage did get me, and pushed me from a Master pace --> Expert).

Anyway, I was told you had to run up to the barrel, then kneel and shoot around it. It does not say anything about kneeling.

In String 3, however, the rule book expressly states the shooter must kneel, so I'm surprised it's not spelled out in String 2.

Thx

Well, me too.

But if you didn't kneel in String 2 then you would be shooting over the barrel instead of around it, wouldn't you?

I'm not trying to be pedantic, but then...why have the explicit instruction to "kneel" in the last String, if it's that obvious?

I could still shoot around it, even if I were standing. Even kneeling I'm tall enough -- and I'll bet most people are, too -- that I'm still shooting over the height of the barrel, while I shoot around it, if that makes sense. :)

Just curious. I guess, really, you could go prone if you wanted on this String (not that I'd see why).

Edited by boo radley

I'm not trying to be pedantic, but then...why have the explicit instruction to "kneel" in the last String, if it's that obvious?

I could still shoot around it, even if I were standing. Even kneeling I'm tall enough -- and I'll bet most people are, too -- that I'm still shooting over the height of the barrel, while I shoot around it, if that makes sense. :)

Just curious. I guess, really, you could go prone if you wanted on this String (not that I'd see why).

Low cover (which a barrel is) requires you to have at least one knee on the ground. Around means around, not over the top, unless otherwise specified.

Mark

Edited by Mayonaise