Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Aftermarket Bbl Support

Unleashed

Well, I just suffered my 4th case head separation (all with PMC brass) in a match this weekend :angry: and I am thinking about an aftermarket bbl. I have a storm lake bbl in my 17 and I would like to go with that in my 22, mostly due to the price. I am wondering if anyone has come up with data on which bbl's seem to support the case better. I have heard that all of the aftermarket bbls provide better support than stock, but are some better than others?

I have noticed more support with a kkm barrel in .40 cal, putting the aftermarket barrel next to the kkm barrel, there was a noticable difference. As far as my 9mm, I couldn't tell the difference either way. The only thing I saw different in the 9mm kkm barrel was the feed ramp was cut a little different.

Also pmc brass is not the best brass to use, stick with winchester, cbc, rem, fiochi, federal. IMO in that order

Edited by PAPER KILLER

Are you going to quit using that PMC? (Or are you going for some record?) :P:)

Alright...I confess :rolleyes: I lapsed in checking my brass. I have been shooting minor .40 for the longest time in my Glock and just didn't care about the brass. The Nationals are coming up so I am going to shoot L10 with the G22 and have developed my major load. I should have known better...and that was a nice reminder. From now on it is Starline and an aftermarket bbl (just as soon as I find the one I want).

Are you going to quit using that PMC? (Or are you going for some record?) :P:)

LMAO... :lol::lol:;)

At least someone else posted it before me...

On topic, I think others have posted that with a KKM barrel they didn't get 'guppied' brass. I am curious about the Storm Lake .40 barrel myself...

I just sent an email to Storm Lake asking this very question. Stay tuned for reply.

I received a response from Storm Lake this morning! That has got to be a first in this industry... Presented with the question of - How does the Storm Lake barrel compare to the factory Glock Barrel for support in the 6 o'clock position? The response:

"We say that our chamber is about 95% supported, the feed ramp goes about .030" into the chamber..."

/OffTopic

Dude... that was pretty funny! Hehe Mongo like paint...