Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mags Sticking Out Of Glocks

Rockclimbg

Can you use G17 mags in a G19 for reloads in IDPA? I would like to start with a stock G19 mag in the gun but use the longer mags for reloads for no other reason than that's the way I normally carry it. I tried to find it in the rule book but can't find anything other than a restriction on the weight of the mags and the need to fit in the box.

Thanks for any replies.

The only rule I could find was

Competitors must use the same capacity magazines through out the

competition (Example: if you start with a 9 round magazine,

you must use that capacity magazine throughout the match).

I was found under the criteria for each division.

I don't think you are required to use mags of the same capacity, but are instead required to load all mags to the same capacity. If the gun fits in the box, with the mag(s) in place, it is legal (assuming it meets all the other requirements, as well).

Chuck

New guy here on the forum, but I shoot a 27 in IDPA/GSSF.

I use 22 mags for reloads, but I start w/the 27 mag (ie 9 rd) w/a peirce +1 mag extension (ie gives me 10 rds).

If the stage has multiple strings, I will have to start w/a 22 or 19 mag, in the gun, on the later strings.

I've gotten some funny looks @ a couple State IDPA matches, from ROs, and had 1 individual make a point that I should be shooting ESP, instead of SSP, w/that set-up.

Not alot of us "little gun" shooters out there, so sometimes you have to talk to the RO, if there is a question. I usually carry my rule book around w/me. So far it's worked.

Good shooting,

Jay