Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking For Training Class

Paradox

I am considering a training class with Bang Inc (Jerry & Kay Mickulek). If anyone has taken a class from them, would you share opinions and a decription of what you liked and/or disliked? If you have taken classes from other instructors, what do you feel are the technical strengths gained from their instruction?

I am a largely self-taught shooter - learning from Brian's book / forum, MB's DVD's, SA's Dry Fire, analyzing higher classed shooters, and peer reviewed video critque :) I feel that I have a good base in the fundamentals, ability to call my shots, and shooting technique. I am most interested in improving my learning curve on movement in field courses, breaking down stages, mental game, etc...

IOW - Using Angus's term, I feel that I have reached a point where my biggest weaknesses are the *everything else* part of this sport. It seems that one answer is more match experience, but I would like to shorten that learning curve as much as possible.

Thanks for reading, and I appreciate any responses...

Paradox,

with the experience that Kay and Jerry have and the ease at which they can explain things, you can't go wrong with them.

They are World Champs and all.............

Good luck, those two are a pair of great persons, along with being able to shoot good.

Sam

I took a couple classes from them one weekend several years ago.. a one-day revo class from Jerry and a one-day competition class from Kay & Jerry. They know their stuff and can teach it, so I'd go for it.

I took a couple classes from them one weekend several years ago.. a one-day revo class from Jerry and a one-day competition class from Kay & Jerry. They know their stuff and can teach it, so I'd go for it.

<_<? So how come you hide your revolver from us?

• 3 weeks later...

I did a two day class with Jerry several years ago. We worked hard and I went through 2100+ rounds in the two days. He's very easy going and sees a lot of what you're doing and how you can be more efficient in your handling and vision related skills.

The time he spent showing my buddy and I timing drills was worth the price of admission. Also, there are overnight rooming facilities on site that will save you some money over that of a hotel.

I would highly recommend spending the time with Jerry.