Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Caspian

urnsrus

Only 'cause he used to shoot them A LOT, I'd say Matt McLeearn. Also, if Craig Custom is still building guns, that'd be another good stop. Oh...Johnny Lim from Limcat Custom works on them too. His website is down, so he might be in the Reno phonebook or just e-mail one of the guys from Reno, NV or Richmond, CA.

After that, I would think that any quality gunsmith would be a great choice.

Too, you might want to contact Travis Tomasie as he shoots Caspians religiously and knows those pistols inside and out.

Rich

Rusty Kidd has built several super nice guns on Caspian frames. Jay Christy (ex-AMU) used to shoot one, for instance.

Basically, any talented gunsmith can be a nice gun on a Caspian frame, in the end....

When I think of Caspian race guns, I think of Matt McLearn, Fred Craig and EGW (George Smith).

Dave - another option that is worth exploring is Neil Keller (Kustom Ballistics) up in Decatur, IN. The man can just build a gun. Most of his racegun work is on SV/STI frames, but I know he's built some great Caspian based guns. Give him a call or look him up at www.kustom-ballistics.com

Big Dave, you at home these days? I have not had time to shoot much in Atlanta, but am clearing the decks to do so. Thanks for the tip with Neil. I will give him a call as he is closer and not dealing with the postal service helps. Take car where ever you are.

David

Since you are in Indiana I would suggest you call Neil Keller at Kustom Ballistics in Decatur, In. He just built me a single stack .40 Caspian and the gun is a tack driver. Neil has built all of my custom guns over the years and they all function flawlessly. The best part is when the time comes to re-barrel or make major changes tot he gun Neil is close by that you can meet him to discuss the changes you want.