Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Back To Ground Zero

EricW

If there's one thing that drives me nuts about shooting, it's picking up whatever skill you left along the wayside that you previously had mastered and learning it ALL OVER AGAIN. :(

Drives me frigging nuts...

Any reasonable person would have sworn I'd never shot a pistol before if they'd seen me at the range last night. Thankfully it's a private range with a gate. :ph34r:

What's really pathetic is that I *have* a list of skills to practice. Have I put together a schedule to make sure I go through them? Nooooooo..... There's nothing like having your own laziness bite you in the butt.

Edited by EricW

Any reasonable person would have sworn I'd never shot a pistol before if they'd seen me at the range last night. Thankfully it's a private range with a gate. :ph34r:

Been there, done that...... although I suspect that lately my best days are probably not as good as your worst days. :lol:

Eric, I'll bet you have been staying plenty busy. Laziness just isn't one of your personality traits.

Give yourself a break. What you have been doing, is working on things other than pistol shooting. Sometimes you lay-off and come back strong. Sometimes you come back a little rusty. I think you should stop trying to shoot as well as you think you should....and just shoot. In just a few practice sessions you'll be back to normal.

It's as easy as falling off a bicycle. :lol:

You know what, it was as easy as shooting Noslers through the gun. I think this is one of the first times EVER when I've been P.O.'d - didn't blame the gun/ammo/you name it - and it actually mostly wasn't my fault. :lol:

I still have a lot of work to do shooting at 25 and out, but holy cow. Just when you think you know how to call shots, bad ammo can be a total confidence killer. I was holding a nice center hold and holes would appear at the far left...far right...12" high.... :o

It was just like going back to the days of learning to shoot at.............The Public Range from Hell. :rolleyes:

You know what, it was as easy as shooting Noslers through the gun.

So would you say that easier, or more difficult, than falling off a bicycle? :rolleyes:

Nate has it right! Most of us do this for fun. If it stops being fun, what is the point of doing it at all?

But, it's nice when it IS something like ammo problems or loose sights. Anything except a loose nut behind the trigger. :lol:

But, it's nice when it IS something like ammo problems or loose sights. Anything except a loose nut behind the trigger. :lol:

Oh trust me, I'm loose as a goose back there. :lol:

You know what, it was as easy as shooting Noslers through the gun.

So would you say that easier, or more difficult, than falling off a bicycle? :rolleyes:

Lemmee see...I fell twice today...and the Nosler 180's were as expensive as hell when they were available and now...they're not available at all...move the decimal point...carry the one...and umm... the salmon's getting cold and I feel like seconds.

How's that for innumeracy? :lol: