Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1050 Swag 45acp Station And 45gap Brass

Ok, I have been running with my 1050 for a couple of weeks now and I LOVE it. :wub:

However, I have had 2 issues with it thus far and I had a question about them. 2 times now I have had the handle feel "springy" at the bottom of the stroke. The first time I am not sure what happened but I ended up with a crushed primer in a case. I did not think about it much and went on. The 2nd time it happened I found a GAP brass in the swag station. Of course the swag station can't swag a small primer pocket!!! :lol:

Neither of these issues were a fault of the press but my question is, can I break something in the swag station if this happens again? I worried that the seat would not be complete on the round on the other side as well. I am pretty good about making sure I only get 45ACP brass in the cass feeder but, accidents do happen. And as I have worried, 45 GAP is SO similar to ACP this is going to be a real pain in the a$$. :lol:

Ira

Occasionally I'll get a case that the primer didn't come out (early one with Speer brass before smoothing the pin, or breaking the decap pin, and didn't notice).

I like the 'springy' feel.. lets me know somethings up and pull the case.

Counting all the early Speer cases, I've had it happen maybe 30-50 times? But it's never bothered the press.

If you wail too hard on a stuck 1050 you can break the main shaft ---- don't ask me how I know..... :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

If you misadjust the swaging station, and truthfully Dillon's instructions for this could be better, you can start to wreck shell plates. My solution for tuning the swager was to cut a case in half with a dremel, so I could see both parts of the swaging mechanism

If my 1050 can insert a large primer into a .40 case, your press can turn a small primer pocket into a large primer pocket if adjusted properly.

Of course the swag station can't swag a small primer pocket!!! :lol: