Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Izzit Global Warming Yet...?!

SiG Lady

My favorite taco stand(s) are in a row along the beach walk in San Felipe. They all typically use a chunk of boiler plate hammered into a bowl with a propane flame under it as a deep fryer. The whole shebang is bolted into the sawed off bed of a rusted out pickup truck with the rear wheels still attached so it can be towed to a different location as needed.

The fish taco itself is made from whatever local fish is being caught by anyone with a panga in the family running the stand. The batter is flour and beer. The tortilla's are basic bulk corn ones heated on the flat edges of the boiler plate deep fryer. The tacos are served in a piece of wax paper with just the fish chunks in the tortilla. There is a condiment layout at the typical stand that you use to dress your own taco (I judge a stand by the extra items in this layout). You will NOT find lettuce anywhere, just sliced limes, cabbage and radishes, choppep onion and celantro along with the usual tomato based salsa fresca and sometimes (at a good stand) several other salsas ranging from tomatilla to red chili based. You will NOT find quacamole (you might find some avocado slices, but probably not), sour cream, cheese, or anything requiring much refrigeration, or a large dairy industry.

The taco stands will also have a large selection of different bottled salsa picante's. Some of the stand proprietors are very proud of how many different ones they have for you to enjoy. One guy prided himself on 50 bottles (I tried to point out that he only had about twenty brands, but a lotta' different sized bottles, he didn't care, it was 50 different ones to him).

The typical price is 3 fish tacos for $1.00 US and a buck each for the shrimp ones (my favorites). The other good deal is the Mexican style shrimp cocktail a number of these stands serve for $3.00 US. A thin ketchup based sauce with lotsa' salsa fresca in a huge fountain glass with a mountain of freshly boiled and peeled shrimp floating in it like a soup. Nothing like one of these and a pair of Pacifico's to soothe your sweaty brow on a hot afternoon at the San Felipe beach ;-)

Walk a little, climb a little, walk a little, climb a little, shoot, shoot, shoot, walk alot, climb a little more..... :rolleyes:

I probably got as much water on me from my leaky bite valve as I did from sweat. :angry:

Does anybody make a bite valve that doesn't actually release any water until you bite on it?

Does anybody make a bite valve that doesn't actually release any water until you bite on it?

Camelbak. The trick is to roll the new valve between your thumb and forefinger to open up the split in the rubber....not jam an xacto knife in it like yours truly did... :ph34r:

The sun burning hotter couldn't have anything to do with it, of course.... http://www.washtimes.com/world/20040718-115714-6334r.htm

:D

FWIW, Revelation:

8The fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and the sun was given power to scorch people with fire. 9They were seared by the intense heat and they cursed the name of God, who had control over these plagues, but they refused to repent and glorify him.
If you look at the record highs and lows for Sacramento area, most of the highs were set in the 1920's. Most of the lows were in the 1930's. So if it is global warming, shouldn't the highs be constant rising?

Highs on a specific day can be set by a freak weather turn, but look at the number of hot days and the averages and they are way up now.

BTW, global warming does not predict every place will get warmer. The average on earth will rise, some places will rise a lot and some will get cooler as weather patterns shift. Some desert areas will get more rain, some areas will get less.

Like this year, out here in kali we got about three times normal rainfall on the year but some parts of the middle of the country got a drought.

Global warming would be no problem if everywhere just got a shade warmer.... unfortunately, it actually will cause massive climate pattern changes as well as these awful hot spells that last forever.

At it's root, uglyness is caused by fear.

Then my face must be terrrified.

I don't know what happened. 25 years ago I was good looking...... also a lot taller and thinner.

Must be global aging effect.

In the Netherlands, the heatwave is coming to its end.

It was the hotest July since measurements started in 1706, according to KNMI-statistics.

Sometimes way above 95F/35C with 21.9C as an average in the first decade of July and a max in the SE (where I live) into the 100F. Oh my!

To hot for a country in the moderate zone....

We have a code 2 on electrical power supply with means there is a chance on power failure.

Global warming :wacko: I hope not so...

Edited by schmitz