Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fantasy Football

XD Niner

One of my passions in life (besides USPSA) is fantasy football. I’ve been addicted to this “sport” for 18 years. During that time, I’ve lost count of the hours I’ve wasted pursuing next week’s star by chasing last week’s one-shot wonder. Just thinking about how many bad draft and starting line-up decisions I’ve made over that time makes me blanch.

I started a single league at the office in 1989 and have played in it ever since. However, I am weak of flesh and can’t resist temptation. I now usually play in 4 or 5 leagues each season.

Following my usual MO, I joined a league over on the XD Talk forum. Slots faster than a brand new Brazos Open pistol for half price and there is now a waiting list.

With that stimulating marketing message, I am wondering if there is enough interest here to start our very own Brian Enos Forum Fantasy Football League. If you are interested, respond to this thread below and we’ll get one started if we can find enough suckers owners. Just think, you’d have an opportunity to talk trash about football as well as shooting. Can life get any better? B)

Edited by XD Niner

It could be free although free leagues often suffer from owners who lose interest part way through the season. It could also have a fee in the range of $10 to keep it a little interesting. I agree that the idea is to have fun and not make this some kind of financial burden.

Scoring rules would be decided by a majority vote of the owners assuming there is enough interest to form a league.

So it looks like we have five interested players. We really need five more to make a league worth while.

Anyone else out there want to give it a whirl?

Edited by XD Niner

Roboman,

I assume that means you would like to play. It is very easy as contrary to the urban myth, luck is much more influential on the outcome than skill.

If you want to play, that makes 7. We still need three more. Any takers?