Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Good Shooters Are Consistent

Had the chance to shoot with a couple top shooters in our club. I had always seen thier names up at the top of the Match results and it seems I had built them up to be superhuman shooting machines. What I saw left an impression on me. I was expecting to see some blazing fast incredible shooting, but instead what I saw was very smooth and controlled shooting. Although once in a while someone would shoot the stage faster than the leaders, the top shooters rarely made any mistakes and seemed to hold pace the entire day. They didn't seem fast, but by the end of the day they were on top. Light bulb comes on now.

Edited by ArnisAndyz

Kimel is one of the most outstanding shooters I know of in this respect. Many is the time I've watched Kevin shoot a steel challenge stage with all the times withing a tenth or maybe two of one another. It really speaks to the mental self-discipline that he brings to the line with him. Hope I can get to that level someday.

I am SUPER lucky in that I get to shoot with a couple really good and really consistent shooters at the club level where I am. They help me with when, where, why, and all that sort of stuff too. Watching them do just about everything right is a huge learning tool for me too. Without their help I would not have been able to make the gains in my own performance that I have experienced.

Now I am starting to think I would like to know how they are getting better all the time. As I get better they keep getting better and staying in front, I don't know how they do it without the benefit I get from them but it is working. As long as they care to keep shooting I will keep chasing them, I don't know if I actually want to ever catch them as much as I really enjoy the journey......