Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Harley Davidson

Kimberkid

yeah but when you sold it you still had enough value in it to buy 2 or 3 of the japs bikes! You ride the jap crap off the lot and its worth what 99 cents? Seems to be the harley drag bikes are winning just about everything so I doubt the japs are any faster.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah but when you sold it you still had enough value in it to buy 2 or 3 of the japs bikes! You ride the jap crap off the lot and its worth what 99 cents? Seems to be the harley drag bikes are winning just about everything so I doubt the japs are any faster.

+1 on that, if I could figure out how to post a picture I would show everyone a Harley that has jap bikes for breakfest! :angry: Someone tell me how to insert a picture :unsure: Why? cos I can't.

How many guys out there have got more $$ than they paid for a jap bike 10 years after they bought it? :D I have (for a Harley that is).

115 hp is nothing...kawasaki makes a bike that puts out almost 200 hp...blows the Busa off the road and is gone B4 any of the H-D's get out of first gear...too much for an old man like me, but fun to read about..

and I have been stranded by my old Harley...twice B4 I sold that piece of crap...

In a manner of speaking you are right, considering a stock Harley has 64HP. Next step is a supercharger. :D

Edited by FULLRACE

175 nah I really don\\\'t need to scatter my body parts all over the place. It\\\'s all about the sound and the tail.....the japs just don\\\'t get it.

Agreed! Ever hear 20 jap bikes riding together? Sounds like a bunch of sewing machines with the foot peddle stuck to the floor. LOL Hear twenty Harleys and there is no sweeter sound!!

\\\"If you have to ask-You just don\\\'t get it\\\" :D Too much fun!

I guess we can agree to disagree....

The previous quote said it all..."....yesterdays technology at tomorrows prices" :D

And while I really like most "classic" cars and cycles...the new Vette is so much better than my old '66...tighter, faster, better handling...no comparison...

Edited by tightloop

Thanks for all the replies guys, but to clarify, I was hating the dealership in question and a lil bit on the corporation. I didnt really want to start a thread so everyone could tell me my ride was a piece of crap.

Weird how motorcycle (or automotive for that matter) brand can become almost a religious/political debate! :rolleyes: They're all man-made machines and things break, I don't care what brand. In my travels there isn't a single brand that I haven't seen broken down out there, especially in the groups I ride with where we rack up tons of miles. I really hate the stupid insults that go back and forth over brand (and yeah, I've been guilty myself of lashing back at the HD crowd.)

Gotta take the negative comments for what they're worth, Kimberkid. Take a look at the odometers and the people ragging on the other brand usually don't ride that much anyway. <_< I got some sneers and "Jap Bike" comments myself on this last trip. Funny, my "Jap Bike" (Honda Valkyrie) was built in Marysville, Ohio by American workers! :lol: Make that dealer take care of you, man. Those things aren't cheap and you shouldn't have to be inconvenienced. Ride it often and be safe! ;)

175 nah I really don\\\'t need to scatter my body parts all over the place. It\\\'s all about the sound and the tail.....the japs just don\\\'t get it.

Agreed! Ever hear 20 jap bikes riding together? Sounds like a bunch of sewing machines with the foot peddle stuck to the floor. LOL Hear twenty Harleys and there is no sweeter sound!!

A while back Harley tried to patent that sound (I swear I read that) because the "Japanese Harleys" were getting pretty close to sounding like it. BTW, I think the "zingy" sound of a typical Jap bike is the overhead cam chain drive. harleys are (or use to be) all pushrod engines.

Interesting thing: Harley gets a pass on excessive exhaust sound level out here, not sure why. I put glasspacks on my car and got a ticket immediately. If a Harley passes you, your ears will exceed threshold of pain instantly...........

Go to one of the bigger rallys and they will zap you for loud pipes and no baffles. I think actually HD has a patent on the sound. The japs try to program a miss fire in there to duplicate the sound. I can set off car alarms if I get on it near them. Just one more thing to let the local morons know I'm coming so they don't pull out in front of me.

I think actually HD has a patent on the sound. The japs try to program a miss fire in there to duplicate the sound.
Huh? :blink: I don't know of any companies deliberately injecting faults to reproduce sound, but a quick search found this (a trademark, not patent): Harley Trademark That's freakin' funny! :lol: I gotta say, the sound grates on me. Yeah, it may seem cool at first, but I regularly ride REAL long distances (just under 1K miles last Sunday) and that much noise for that long = pain. No thanks. I kept my exhaust stock for that reason on my Valk and I regularly get jabbed at stop lights by the v-twin gang. I let 'em laugh it up and then let 'em see my tail lights when the light changes. :P I know guys that run wide open pipes on these flat sixes though and that is some serious ear spank, much louder than a v-twin. Just ain't practical, IMO, kinda like shooting open class with no ear protection. Some people dig it though, so whatever makes ya happy.

Not intended to jab at HD, but since "jap" keeps getting tossed out here, I just can't resist...

japcrap.jpg

Made where? :lol:

Ride it like ya stole it, fellas! ;)

Well, I'll drop a toe in I suppose.

I have a Dynaglide on order, but already know that I'll be going over every nut and bolt on that thing before hand. It's just a quirk that I have.

I still have my current scooter (Ducati 800 Monster) but wanted to try something a little more "classic" and went with the '07 Dyna.

Before the Ducati, I was laced with rockets. The best was the last one. Yamaha R6. I loooooooved that bike. The only reason why I traded it in on the Ducati was a dealer friend the Monster that I wanted, in the color that I wanted, very low miles and was making me a sweet deal. Too, after coming home for the holidays 2 years ago from training, I got on the bike and realized that it was simply too fast for the way I want to ride now. So went the Ducati since it's more upright and still has enough umph for those that want some.

The Dyna hopefully will be good decision. Same situation. Got a smokin' deal through AAFES before I left the peninsula and had to take it. I ordered it with the new "Street Bob" package in the flat black (I think they call it denim black). Just dig the old style bikes more than these Salvador Dali painting "things" that are drooled over on TV. It's a machine and should still look like one. Just my opinion (but I will be getting some new wheels).

Sorry to hear about the crappy service. Unfortunately we could only hope that all companies would act like Dillon :wub: . Unfortunately, that'd be too perfect a society to live in.

Rich

I think actually HD has a patent on the sound. The japs try to program a miss fire in there to duplicate the sound.

Huh? :blink: I don't know of any companies deliberately injecting faults to reproduce sound,

You are sooooo right about the women and Harleys...

My dad rode Harleys from WAY back and he said that the thing to do back then was rig up a fuel drip line that you could press a button and have a drop of gas go into the pipe a bit up from the outlet so it would flash a flame out the pipe.

That was to impress the girls.

I swear, that's what he said.

Edited by bountyhunter