Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need Help With C-more. Stopped Working Today.

PistolPete

I have a new Brazos gun that is only 2 weeks old. It is an open 4.5" gun. I was shooting today and the dot was getting really dim and it finally stopped working. I doubt it is the battery because it is brand new and I never left it on overnight or anything like that. I was thinking that maybe the lens that projects the beam was clogged. I cleaned it while at the range and the light came back on. Then I mounted the gun and noticed the dot was no longer a dot it was stretched out in a line. I packed things up and came home. When I got home I turned the dot on and it seems to be working fine. What do you think the issue is here? Should I just replace the battery and call it a day? If I replace the battery where can I pick one up? Is it the same as a watch or camera battery or will I need to get a battery from C-More? I'm new to the open game so I can use all the help I can get. I had an open gun a while back that I used for a few years and I never replaced the battery on the C-More and never had any issues with it.

Thanks in advance,

Pete

For Pete's sake get a new battery and three spairs Get one that is the most likely to be fresh = Radio shack is your best bet.

If you turn it on and it is ok for the first few seconds and thin fades = the battery is old or crappy.

one out of 10 are not good fresh out of the pack.

the c-more batteries duracell DL 1/3N.

They don't last for very long at full intensity. It shouldn't be doing what you're saying though as the dot will just dim as the battery is spent.

try the new battery and if that doesn't help you might want to call C-more. I have 2 new sights and another guy i shoot with has one that the dots are really dim. New battery does nothing. I'm wondering if they had a bad batch of diodes?

I took the battery out and cleaned the diode. Since doing this the sight is now bright as new. I'm guessing there was some soot on the lens or something? I'll hit Radio Shack tomorrow and pick up some new batteries. I'll put a new one in for my match on Sunday. I'll keep the current one as a back-up. I never had this problem with my Limited gun. LOL Oh wait, yes i did I had two front sights break on me.

Pete

The Duracell, Energizer, Sanyo, or what ever 1/3n batteries cost $3.00 or more. The Energizer part # is 2L76. This actually means it is 2 A76 batteries in a case. You can use 2 A76 ( LR44 ) batteries instead. You can usually find them for $0.50 or less in blister packs without too much difficulty. I've done business with Microbattery.com and got 4 25 packs for 39.00 including S&H.

note that you absolutely do not want zinc-air batteries which are available in the same sizes.

my local Radio Shacks were going out of business so I snagged every Lithium 1/3N they had for $1.60 each.

As good insurance, I always put in a new battery in for every match, even the club matches. I take the old ones and mark them w/ a black marker and use them for practice. I'd rather spend the money for new batteries than have a dot go out in the middle of a stage.

C-More batteries..... Another source.. E-Bay, go under "dog collars, batteries" good vendor, fully charged, quick service, cheaper if you buy more (less than $1.50 ea.). mikeNM