Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where Is Bc Actually Shot ?

wolfgang

Hello, looks to me that there is kind of unknown where in the world Bianchi Cup is actually shot, more or less frequently.

So: I would like to propose to build up a Database with the help of Google Earth to let everybody know where one could go to find company for shooting Bianchi Cup or get started with it.

Enclosed is the first little set of Ranges. I would say everybody adds the Ranges he goes to to shott BC and posts the enlarged .kmz file again.

Greetings Wolfgang

:blink: HMMM: Can´t get .kmz File uploaded. Any ideas ?

As a workaround I replace the extension wirh .zip. In order to use the file: download and manually edit it back to .kmz. Then run it with google earth.Bianchi_Ranges_26062006.zip

Edited by wolfgang

• 2 weeks later...
Maybe I'm just computer ignorant but my comp. will not open the file.
You probably need "Google Earth" installed on your computer in order to use the file. I was able to unzip it then view the locations contained within the file using "Google Earth."

Worked for me! Its pretty cool to look at ranges around the country using Google Earth...even better looking at ranges around the globe. They've got some nice looking ranges over in Europe!

Hello, good to see that there is some interest. If we are lucky we can share place and look of our Bianchi Ranges.

About the problems:

You need to have google earth installed > see google for this

the database file with the coordinates has an .kmz extension. This kind of file seems to be blocked by the Forum Server.

So again, this time a real, ZIP Archive that U can unzip and then use.

I thought people add their Range, and then upload the bigger database again for the others.

I´m not sure about the position of Google when it comes to weapons. It´s sometimes funny with US companies.

If anybody knows if Google is pro gun, then we could also use the "open" google earth community to post Range locations.

Thank for helping, Greetings from Germany

Wolfgang

PS: 2 weeks to our German Open Bianchi Match. Just signed IPSC #2 shooter, Saul Kirsch, in Europe in. After I told him that there is this new class "OpenModified" he was interested. He just didn´t know that he can compete without a bells and whistles gun.

Bianchi_Ranges.zip

• 2 weeks later...

See gehter Herr Nothnagel!! Wie gehtes im Deutschland? Here ist Mark Sr. von HPPC.

OK Wolfgang, I hear you have been doing well at Columbia. Well, here is the big surprise, Mark Jr and I plan to come to the 2007 Bianchi Cup, primarily because you, Jens, and a few other friends from long ago will be there too. After leaving Heidelberg in 1992, we went to Japan and shot the Japan Bianchi Cup in Osaka, using Air Soft guns... not as much fun as the real thing. We now live in the Washington DC area. As for shooting places, Hinton, West Virginia, and Bluefield, Virginia are two places in our area. Also, Tulsa oklahoma is a home for Bianchi and action pistol type shooting. We hope to get some started in Annapolis, Maryland in the future. Warmest regards to all our friends on the ranges in Germany and hope to see you in May.

Tschuss!!

Mark, Sr. and Little Mark :D

See gehter Herr Nothnagel!! Wie gehtes im Deutschland? Here ist Mark Sr. von HPPC.

OK Wolfgang, I hear you have been doing well at Columbia. Well, here is the big surprise, Mark Jr and I plan to come to the 2007 Bianchi Cup, primarily because you, Jens, and a few other friends from long ago will be there too. After leaving Heidelberg in 1992, we went to Japan and shot the Japan Bianchi Cup in Osaka, using Air Soft guns... not as much fun as the real thing. We now live in the Washington DC area. As for shooting places, Hinton, West Virginia, and Bluefield, Virginia are two places in our area. Also, Tulsa oklahoma is a home for Bianchi and action pistol type shooting. We hope to get some started in Annapolis, Maryland in the future. Warmest regards to all our friends on the ranges in Germany and hope to see you in May.

Tschuss!!

Mark, Sr. and Little Mark :D

Mark, Sr. and Little Mark;

I am in Fairfax VA and have shot the Bianchi Cup since 1996. I have no place to shoot locally, but Bedford VA is 100 miles closer than Bluefield and Hinton. Chambersburg. PA is even closer than Bedford. Chambersburg shoots NRA AP (Bianchi Cup) under current NRA Rules. I am not sure exactly what the guys are doing in Bedford, Bluefield and Hinton, but it is, most likely NRA Rules. You may want to check with Action Pistolero or Alan550 on this site for up to date info on the Bedford/Bluefield/Hinton Programs.

I can be reached via email at allgoodhits@yahoo.com

Martin

Martin,

Thanks for the kind words about us here in Bedford, but we're not using NRA rules any more. Shooters are welcome to go by the new NRA rules here if they so choose, but since we're not NRA Approved, and are not sending in scores, we need not put up with their petty BS rule changes. The Hinton & Bluefield shoots aren't NRA Approved either, so the same thing applies there as well. In fact, the State & Regional matches set up for Sept in Bluefield won't be NRA either, so grip safeties don't have to be functional, prone allowed at all distances on Plates & Practical, and anyone may touch and use the barricades for support, Metallic Sight, Open or Open Modified, Rimfire or Centerfire.

Our last 2 matches in Bedford will be on Sept 9 and Oct 14. Hinton has a match on Sept 16. Bluefield is shooting on Aug 19, then the State & Regional matches on the 23rd & 24th of Sept. Two days back-to-back.

Alan~^~

Jax,

They shoot it at Tallahassee every month through Dec. Contact info that I have is: M. Fordyce, 8819 Centerville Rd., Tallahassee, FL 32309. That's what's listed in Shooting Sports magazine.

Alan~^~

Martin: thanks for the info!!!

Alan550: please send me details on the matches in Bedford...I'd like to come. Rounds, stages, cost, times, directions, etc,.etc. Email is paladinhill@hotmail.com... thanks!!

Mark, Sr.

Our Range iN RSA closed down almost 2 years ago. Recently the equipment was moved to another range and is being set up there. Last i heard only the runner had to be set up.

I've shooting Bianchi for about 6 years ....enjoy it thoroughly.

• 6 months later...

Slight drift from topic.

Any AP shooters in the Brisbane, AU area that I might know?

Have a good friend who's 21 year son will be studying abroad in the Brisbane area. Leaves tomorrow. I told him that I would try to locate someone who may be able to take him shooting, or show him about. Good kid, good family and good shooing enthusiast. Any one listening whom I might know?

Martin Johnson

• 3 months later...

We have two ranges that shoot Action Pistol both with movers and twenty miles apart. We shoot one match at each range each month from February - November. We host a regional every other year, Lake Charles does the other year. I will email a schedule to any one interrested just send me an email at chiefhughes@yahoo.com.

• 8 months later...

We have a match at Prado Olympic Shooting Park each month using all four of the events.

There is a practice on the first sunday and the match on the second sunday of the month.

Prado is in San Bernardino County but is within 5 miles of Riverside, Orange and Los Angeles Counties.

For more info,

bwhited@pacbell.net

We have been around for a number of years now.

It just seems that people come and go so often that it is hard to keep the numbers up.

If everyone goes to the Cup this year that said they were in June of '07 then it will be around 12 just from our club.

Unfortunetly life always seems to get in the way. Many of the dozen will not be making it this year.

bwhited,

Glad to see that you folks on the "shakey side" are getting into this game for a change! We need all the participation we can get to help this thing grow! :cheers:

Alan~^~

• 1 month later...

Slight drift, but.......

With the news of all the flooding in the midwest, Arkansas and Missouri and was wondering how our friends in those areas are making out? Both the Hallsville and the Columbia ranges are in low creek bed areas too.

Be safe, be dry.

Martin :cheers: