Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ar-15 Mag Pouches

It al depends on what you mean by "3-Gun". If you mean a tournement where in three guns are shot, each separate from the other, then the Kydex mag pouches probably are the fastest and easiest. If however you are talking about a multigun type of match there I would probably go with the nylon type since you need often to carry multiple platforms. That is you'll need to be able to ransition between pistol and SG or Pistol and Rifle and occasionally between all three. The space on your belt is limited.

Jim

I use blade-tech with tech-lok for belt mounted mags as I like to position the mag

behind my left hip (this works well for prone). these can also be adjusted for any

angle you like.

If I need more than one extra mag for a stage then I use 3-gun gear

thigh mount double mag t-rig . It is very comfortable, easy on-off

and can accomidate pistol mags as well.

The mag pouch can be removed to be used on your belt also.

this is a high quality product well worth the price.

You can buy the double mag pouch first then add the t-rig latter

if cost is a factor.

Reload speed is about the same with either.

Call mark at 3-gun gear if have any questions.

CraigS.

I have the 3Gun Gear T-Rig which is a nice nylon thigh rig for two AR mags. It allows you to keep all your mags on one side which helps me since I am not so great at remembering where every different item is once the buzzer goes off.

-ld

I am looking to buy some mag pouches for AR mags to use for 3 gun. I would like to get something in kydex, but might look at nylon if the price is right. What is everyone using?

Thanks for all the replies. I am going to get a Blade Tech kydex unit. I do like the rig from 3gun gear though. If the BT doesn't work like I would like, I'll try one of the others. I already have a BT for my XD and like it. Hopefully all will be good.

Thanks!