Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nothing Funnier Than Real Life

j2fast

I got this story told to me straight from a person present during the phone call.

A mom calls her daughter's high school and starts verbally assaulting the guidance counselor because no one from the school called her to inform her that her daughter was not graduating this year. How could they not contact her, yada, yada, yada. For several minutes she yells and proceeds to tell the counselor how her daughter is very upset because "she doesn't want to have to go back for another year".

After quickly verifiying the information on her computer the guidance counselor responds:

"Mrs. ________, according to our records you daughter is only a junior." :blink::lol:

Mom hangs up the phone..... :ph34r:

Too classic, my brother-in-law's brother told us this story at a birthday party last weekend. He was in the room when the phone call took place. This woman is truly a mother of the year cadidate, nothing like not even knowing what grade level you child is at in school.

I was a distance Ed director for 135 Rural schools. I actually had a parent say to me "I don't know nutten, they don't need to know nutten". Or about the time two mothers were called to school to pick up there daughters for fighting. Both happen to arrive at the same time in the parking lot, while walking up the sidewalk to the school, in front of everyone, they started fighting! To point that the police had to be called to break them up.

How about hunting season! Male attendence dropped by 40percent. Seems the men quit there jobs and took boys out of school to go hunting for about month. Leaving the women to keep there low paying jobs and benefits till men come back.

I could go on and on, I felt like I was in the movie Deliverance.

I kid you not ..... I read in the paper a couple of months ago, about this school in rural Ohio where the kids in the FFA club would drive their Tractors to school and back home again once or twice a year.

Reminds me of The Waterboy!

...... or was that Forest Gump ??? ;)

Edited by CHRIS KEEN

I kid you not ..... I read in the paper a couple of months ago, about this school in rural Ohio where the kids in the FFA club would drive their Tractors to school and back home again once or twice a year.

What's wrong with that? I start driving to school at 14, growing up in the country isn't so bad. Most everyone had a rilfe/shotgun (or more) in their cars/trucks too :)

What's wrong with that? I start driving to school at 14, growing up in the country isn't so bad. Most everyone had a rilfe/shotgun (or more) in their cars/trucks too :)

I miss the days when you could have a full gun rack in your truck and not have to think of locking it up when you got out. :(

As XRe pointed out I am in WV (born and raised actually) so I have seen everything described. Schools in WV at some point actually adjusted their schedule to accomodate the start of buck season. They used to get something along the lines of Thur, Fri, Mon, Tue off for Thanksing giving. Although since buck season starts the Monday of Thanksgiving week and large numbers of students were taking the days before the holiday regardless most if not all of the counties take most of that week off now to "help" attendance.

Tightloop, if you hit the right areas of the state south of the Mason/Dixon line what you describe is normal life (not that there's anything wrong with that :) ). Actually the story I told happened in a half decent sized city (for WV); of course that doesn't mean they're any less hoopified up here than anywhere else in the state

Chris, my wife teaches in a semi-rural school district just outside of Pittsburgh PA and the Seniors still drive their tractors to school on Prom day, it's tradition..... They also have a parade that consists of two laps around the parking lot. :D

Same here L2S, wouldn't trade my younger years growing up in this area for anything.

Dale I build my house out in the middle of the woods to avoid such problems but even still I won't leave anything of value in my truck if it's not in the garage. As you said, it's just a shame that's where we are today.

Edited by j2fast