Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-40 Partial People Eaters

ErikW

6 minutes ago, davidb72 said:

I know that the HHF is set by the maximum number of points, but has anyone actually shot all the points? 

Should the HHF be lowered?

Right now Revolver, PCC, Single Stack, Open, Limited, Production, Carry Optics, and Limited 10 all have the same hit factors.

Doesn't see right?

I was going to use this for our match tomorrow but I pulled it and used a different one.

It's a fixed time stage. The only way to lower the hit factor is to remove targets . I guess you could increase the par time but, it has been in place for 19 years. It's probably OK. ;)

1 hour ago, ChuckS said:

It's a fixed time stage. The only way to lower the hit factor is to remove targets . I guess you could increase the par time but, it has been in place for 19 years. It's probably OK. ;)

I understand the concept but it doesn't make sense.

114 points = GM no matter what division you are shooting. Do any of the other classifiers work like that (besides other fixed time classifiers)?

On 3/16/2018 at 1:35 PM, ChuckS said:

That's not really true at all. By making a 100% score be all the points, you are defining the HHF as 7.5.  

That's pretty odd considering classifiers like 99-12 where the HHF in Production is only 8.1, and that classifier is much, much easier to shoot well. 

You could very easily concoct an impossibly hard to shoot clean fixed time standards stage and then see where actual shooters end up, in real life, when shooting it,  then use that to set the high score. I know Mike has said they are reviewing the classifiers so I wonder if this will end up happening or not. 

3 hours ago, waktasz said:

That's not really true at all. By making a 100% score be all the points, you are defining the HHF as 7.5.  

What, exactly, is not true? The HHF for the stage under discussion is 24 rounds x 5 points or 120. Your "HF" for a fixed time stage is your total points. (9.2.4.1) 114 points are needed to get a GM classification out of this sucker. The only way to reduce that number is to reduce the number of max points! To make this stage less cruel, you could remove one or more targets or increase the par time. 

Edited by ChuckS

4 hours ago, ChuckS said:

What, exactly, is not true? The HHF for the stage under discussion is 24 rounds x 5 points or 120. Your "HF" for a fixed time stage is your total points. (9.2.4.1) 114 points are needed to get a GM classification out of this sucker. The only way to reduce that number is to reduce the number of max points! To make this stage less cruel, you could remove one or more targets or increase the par time. 

"The only way to reduce that number is to reduce the number of max points"

That is where we disagree. Somewhere, someone decided that the HHF for this stage (and all the fixed time stages) should be all Alphas. It doesn't matter if it's possible, or if anyone has ever done it, they just defined it as such.

Let's say I built the same stage, but the targets were at 75 yards. Would the HHF be all Alphas just because it's a fixed time stage? I would argue that it certainly should not be that way, but you are saying it is. 

51 minutes ago, waktasz said:

"The only way to reduce that number is to reduce the number of max points"

That is where we disagree. Somewhere, someone decided that the HHF for this stage (and all the fixed time stages) should be all Alphas. It doesn't matter if it's possible, or if anyone has ever done it, they just defined it as such.

Let's say I built the same stage, but the targets were at 75 yards. Would the HHF be all Alphas just because it's a fixed time stage? I would argue that it certainly should not be that way, but you are saying it is. 

This is from the USPSA classifier calculator showing the division hit factors for 99-40. If you do the math on  any of the divisions (except for D :rolleyes: ) you will see that the high hit factor is 120.

:image.png.752082b83bfeda44c9a72210b43936cd.png

Edited by ChuckS

You are clearly not getting what I am saying.

I realize (quite obviously) that the HHF is ALL ALPHAS, on ALL of the fixed time classifiers.

The question is, should it be?

If you made a ridiculously hard, fixed time, classifier with partial targets at 75 yards, would you still say the HHF is all Alphas? 

Edited by waktasz

• 5 months later...
On 3/16/2018 at 1:35 PM, ChuckS said:

Looks like they adjusted this one quite a bit. My 99 points in Production yesterday was a 97.8%

And they didn't even have to remove any of the targets

• 1 year later...