Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Different Hits Required On Targets

Shooter Grrl

Okay guys, after a too few many, we need to know - can you have different number of hits on targets? For instance, best 2 hits on T1 through T5 and best 6 on T6.

Yup. I think I remember shooting a classifier that's that way! If you use the scoresheet generator within EzWinScore, you can specify the number of hits for each individual

paper target.

At the beginning of May I shot the Euro Med Cup (IPSC sanctioned Lev. III match) in France, in which a stage specified the first 6 targets to be scored best two hits, while the remaining 6 best single hit only.

Plenty legal.

We shot classifier 99-9 yesterday and it had 3 strings, 3 targets, and 2 different round counts. string 1 was freestyle standing @ 40 yards, 6 rounds on T1, 2nd string was 6 rounds @ 40 yards kneeling on T2, 3rd string was prone @ 40 yards, 6 rounds, mandatory reload, 6 rounds all on T3.

This was one of the better multi string classifiers since we didn't need to tape between strings. The hits were all on separate targets. Since it was @ 40 yards, we had a pretty good number of people zero'ing the stage due to misses. A lot of people are just not used to shooting at that distance. I had 1 miss on the prone. My gun was grouping to the left and low, mostly in the middle of the lower left C zone.

Vince