Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Low Recoil Slugs

• 2 weeks later...

I've bought 4 or 5 cases of .223 from the Ammoman and just picked up a 100 Federal slugs for last weekends match. His prices are good, shipping is fast, and Eric is always there to answer my stupid questions. They are first rate in my book and I'm picky and bithcy about good service. It's been click and ship so far. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Berkim,

There's a bunch of guys out of the Sierras that come down to the local gun shows in the Bay Area. I want to say Mywahl? Anyways, they carry both the Federal and Remington Reduced Recoil slugs at a great price.

Rich

• 2 weeks later...

I'am a little new to the 3-guns stuff my first 3-gun match will be the Ky. State and I've been looking at all kinds of slugs today I finially decided on the Rem. Reduced Recoil slugs I paid 1.99 a box of five, so guys tell me did I make a good decision??

Nice.. that's a really good price.

And they work fine.

Last year when we were chronoing low-recoil slugs - the low recoil slugs went from (lowest fps to highest)

Winchester Rangers

Remingtons

Federal

I would have bought either one Remingtom or Federals. The Winchester are just a little too light.

I got the Federals from AmmoMan - nice service, in about 5 days or so.

I picked these up at our local gun shop it is very well stocked this shop has 5000 plus guns and all the goodies you would need for them , I saw the Win. slugs and I was also looking at some Wolf slugs 1.95 for a box of 5 and some K.O. for a 1.99 a box of 5 are the Wolf's and K.O.'s any good ?? Thanks

The Wolfs are the cheapest slugs around.. and they're definetly not low recoil.. For people that shoot normal slugs, the Wolfs are probably a good choice.

For the same money I'd just get the Remingtons.. I started with the Wolfs.

Don't know what K.O. is