Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bth - Behind The Head Earmuffs

ExtremeShot

I've used over-the-head muffs for years. I recently bought a set of Peltor Tactical behind-the-head muffs, and I don't really like them. They stay on okay, but I have to adjust them so the wire is high enough not to touch my neck. May be off subject, but the sound isn't as good as my Radians muffs. Of course the Radians seem to go bad every couple of years, so it's all a tradeoff.

I have a set (not the electronic version) that I keep for rainy days. I have a large hat with a wide brim to keep rain off my glasses (sort of a hands-free umbrella!) and the regular over-the-head type muffs just don't work well with a hat like that.

I've used over-the-head muffs for years. I recently bought a set of Peltor Tactical behind-the-head muffs, and I don't really like them. They stay on okay, but I have to adjust them so the wire is high enough not to touch my neck.

Wear them upside down. :)

I have been using the Silencio Nighthawk for about a year. BTH but there is also a strap for over-the-head. I do not like earplugs and I wanted to wear a bread-brimmed hat outdoors (settled for a Boonie hat) and the Nighthawk works fine. Uses 2 AAA batteries.

Not a perfect seal; the NRR is 21, I think. Good enough for outdoors limited handgun, shotgun, and comped 223. Also, comped 308 in a range setting is ok. I can tell when an open handgun goes off.

Lee