Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Look Like I Won't Be Shooting

10mmdave

C'mon. Even ports--does anybody really believe porting would have any impact on 125 p.f. floofer loads? Hell, porting doesn't even work with pin loads for chrissakes.

Or so it seems to me.

Really :blink: :blink:

must be some pretty whimpy pin loads :P

(are we taking recoil or muzzle flip ?)

Dave "ported" Parker

My pin loads were always on the stout side.

I shot the 230 "Lincoln Logs" at over 1000 fps.

Stock factory 8-3/8" barrel with no ports.

Tried guns with ports, even own guns with ports, never could tell the difference in recoil or muzzle flip. I think it takes a true comp and high pressure loads to do anything meaningful. Otherwise, I think porting is mosly placebo.

My pin loads were always on the stout side.

I shot the 230 "Lincoln Logs" at over 1000 fps.

Stock factory 8-3/8" barrel with no ports.

You a manly-man C, 230+ power factor :wacko: A bit much for me but then those 2nd Chance

pins could be stubburn.

Tried guns with ports, even own guns with ports, never could tell the difference in recoil or muzzle flip. I think it takes a true comp and high pressure loads to do anything meaningful. Otherwise, I think porting is mosly placebo.

I guess to each his/her own, I'm a ported guy and light bullet shooter, maybe that's the ticket.

Anyways, back to the thread.

So what should an ICORE Limited revo rule be ??? if John is going to submit a rule change

then maybe some input from the masses is in order ??

If we mimic the IPSC/USPSA rules a bit then some double duty guns might be okay (watch

that moonclip conversion though)

If you stay with "iron and no porting" what about the guy who shows up with a bull barreled

627 8 shot ?? I think there needs to be some reference to not going any heavier than original.

Or maybe a max. overall weight for Limited guns ??

I'll have to think more on this.

The topic of bull barrelled revolvers has been discussed on this board before. Earlier in this thread someone rather nicely summed it up that ICORE offers a bunch of different shooting challenges, and some of them are not condusive to having a nose heavy boat anchor.

I shoot a bull barrel gun quite often and I've noticed that the extra weight is better for keeping sights steady for long shots than controlling recoil. Strong forearms/wrists/hands, a good grip, and a smooth, quick trigger finger to keep the cylinder turning is what you need for recoil control.

I shoot a stock 5" 627 V-comp with the muzzle cap in Limited ICORE. I'll bet on what little skill I have against anybody with less skill and some fancy barrel any day. To me most of these type of equipment rules are dreamed up by guys who don't know what it takes to win matches.