Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Texas State 3-gun Question

Has anyone else received their confirmation email/letter yet? I burned out a email to inquire about it, and no response..........i know i have it in to them in plenty of time, but my check has not cleared the bank yet?

i am looking fwd to the match........just curious on the theme thing for this year?

Kath,

Our own Mr. Powe announced the match a few months back. It was also discussed after the last one. Just as Sheldon mentioned, the San Angelo Gun Club web page has the announcement as well. If all else fails, contact Professor McCoy (jkmccoy on here), wakal, or me.

The roller coaster/train has grown somewhat. They are threatening to move it to the 200 yard bay next year. I hope I'm there to see that one getting leveled. :) The stages should be entertaining and technical, both at the same time. The first two years the match was technically challenging. Last year it was a fun fest.

Take care,

Liota

Sowwy guys and grrls - I start a new job on 5-22 and there's no flights (free) from DFW to CVG after 2pm Sunday - so I'm staying home.

Where are the match details? Specifically round count and stage designs? Is it Multi Gun?

This is copied from the shooter conformation letter Prof Kelly sent out:

This year's match will be nine stages (but we think they are extra good

stages). The total round count will be about 330 minimum. This is

approximately 140 rounds rifle, 80 rounds shotgun, and 110 rounds

pistol. Five of the stages are multi-gun stages and shooters have the

option of choosing which targets to engage with which weapon so these

totals will vary. Bring extra ammo (I doubt anyone will actually

complete the match in 330 rounds). There are NO stages where shotgun

slugs are required, but there are some stages where you might want to

use a shotgun slug.

Registration will be at the match hotel (Benchmark Comfort Inn) at

7:00pm on 19 May and at the range at 7:00am on 20 May.

Shooters meeting at 8:00am on Saturday, 20 May.

There will be breakfast and lunch available at the range both Saturday

and Sunday.

We look forward to a great match.

Cheers,

Kelly McCoy

SAGC

As far as I know, there are still 30 or so slots left, so if you havn't entered and want to shoot... it's not too late!

Bill

Kathy,

By 2pm, do you mean exactly 2pm. There is a 2:21 flight out of DFW and we could have you on the 11:24 flight out of San Angelo.

If that won't work, we could put you on the 8:51 flight from San Angelo to DFW and you could leave DFW at 12:50 to Cincinnati. I've been tapped as the RM for this match and I may have some pull to ensure that you are finished and at the airport in time.

The match is multi-gun format (after all we are the home of San Angelo Method of scoring). You will need to inquire to bpowe or jkmccoy for stage details, I have not seen the stage designs.

Kenny