Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anti-gun Bs

ChuckS

I am on a business trip that brings me to Hanscom AFB near Boston. I got to the hotel today and preflighted the TV to make sure I don't miss 24 tonight and I was greeted with a news story about the hazards of AirSoft guns. Some "expert" gets on and says that they can not be distingushed from real firearms and showed a real glock with an AS glock. They pointed out that the AS guns are sold with the orange tip but they said that it was "frequently painted over". The AS that they showed looked to be magic markered black. I wonder who did the coloring?

Later,

Chuck

Welcome to the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts. I also saw that news cast and was so pissed off... Living in this state is so frigen difficult. Not only is it one of the most expensive places to live in the country we also have the most laws. If you were to take a second to look into the Massachuesetts firearms laws you would want to cry. Gotta love living in a liberal Democtratic state!!! :angry:

The orange tips makes me wonder - are the police really prepared to assume that a gun pointed at then is not real simply because the tip is orange?

I've mentioned that concept to a couple cops recently, that a smart criminal would paint his gun orange...... you get some pretty comical stunned "oh man, I never thought of that" looks.... :huh:

The orange tips makes me wonder - are the police really prepared to assume that a gun pointed at then is not real simply because the tip is orange?

I've mentioned that concept to a couple cops recently, that a smart criminal would paint his gun orange...... you get some pretty comical stunned "oh man, I never thought of that" looks.... :huh:

Me too!

I know there have been some total flourescent paint jobbed guns taken off the streets in either NJ or NY. Simply referred to as "around here," which could be either. This was back when you could buy the motorized squirt guns that looked like beretta 92s. Some made it into the news. Up clsoe you wouldn't fool anyone, but I could see how it would cause the cops som agita.