Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Eyeq

Nolan

Sunday afternoon I channel surfed into a TV Informercial for a PC based speed reading/comprehension program called EyeQ that looked really good. I watched for a couple of minutes and liked what was shown. Finally the price was shown as $14.95 with a 30 day money back guaranty so I called the toll free number to order.

The operator was very polite and wanted to know who the program was for and why they would be using it. I explained that it was for my wife because English is her second language and she was interested in increasing her reading speed and comprehension levels. The operator thought that was great and wanted my credit card number. Before I gave out my information I wanted to make sure about the money back guaranty and the shipping price so I asked. Free shipping and yes at the end of 30 days if you are not satisfied they would refund the full $14.95. So I asked what happens at the end of 30 days if I like the program? Well,…….then you’ll pay 3 easy payments of $89.

Whoa, do you mean 3 payments totaling $89 or 3 payments of $89 each? The operator hmmmed around and said 3 payments of $89 at which point I started laughing and said “NO THANKS” and hung up.

This morning (Monday) I get a phone call at 8AM from the "parent corporation of EyeQ" wanting to know why I cancelled my order. I informed the caller that I did not order their product since they engaged in deceptive business practices so there was no cancelled order. OK why were you interested in the EyeQ program? So I explained again about Meimei and the caller offered me a deep corporate discount if I ordered the program. I told him again that I was not interested in ordering from a company that used underhanded marketing gimmicks. If they had been honest about the price of the program I would have ordered the program (at $290 it’s not a bad price, I paid almost that much for old school speed reading classes) but since they chose to use deceptive business tactics I didn’t care what kind of discounts they were willing to offer I wouldn’t buy from them.

So the guy says “What, you don’t love your wife enough to…” at which point I cut him off and let him know in no uncertain terms (terms not acceptable in this forum) what I thought of him, his mother (it is close to Mother’s Day,) EyeQ and their business practices. As I was shutting off the phone I could hear him saying……”We’re a multi-million dollar company and……..”click!

(Edit)

I just looked at their website EyeQ

and it's the same $14.95 30 day money back deal with the real price buried in the fine print at the bottom of the page:

The Deluxe Edition is $249.99 (no shipping fees). Try it for 30 days for $14.95. After the 30 days, you can pay it off in full OR you can make 3 payments of just $83.33 a month!

ORDER eyeQ Deluxe Edition BELOW!

Try it for 30 Days! Easy and Convenient Payment Plans!

The Personal Edition is $199.95 (no shipping fees). Try it for 30 days for $14.95. After the 30 days, you can pay it off in full OR you can make 3 payments of just $66.65 a month!

Man I hate shjt like that!

Nolan

Edited by Nolan

My reading speed and comprehension is just fine thank you very much! :P

Nolan

So I figured the guy would send you a bill for the stuff any way. I had my phone service slamed one time after I ended up getting mean with a guy tha twould not take No. So he changed my service without my OK

That stinks. You may want to be ready to change phone numbers; I suggest unlisted if you do. I'd expect more calls from scumbags trying to sell something. The telemarketing scammers make lists of potential marks and distribute/sell them to others just like email spammers. It's a twisted reality. Since you have established a "business relationship" by calling them, the do-not-call list protections probably don't apply but your number should be on the list anyway. Protect yourself and watch the phone bill closely for any changes over the next several months. Good luck.

Edited by 1911user