Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 22 In Limited/lim 10?

andrewcolglazier

Yup, a factory rebuilt 2nd gen. G22 is my Limited gun. Dawson adj. FO sights, RS trigger, KKM barrel in it so far. I plan to add a Dawson mag well and maybe a steel guide rod. Hmm...the parts are going to be exceeding the cost of the gun... :lol:

If any of you handload, what loads are you using?

Thanks! More people than I thought using the G22.....

Andy C.

4.3gr titegroup

180 jhp zero bullets

win. sp primers

mixed brass

will give you about 168.5 PF

I'm shooting the G22 in production class. There are very few shooting that class here so I have a better chance. I haven't made it to the speed and accuracy level yet as some of the limited shooters are performing at. I would like though to be able to load more than 10 rounds in a magazine.

I'm not shooting Limited a whole heck of a lot at the moment, but when I do I'm using UMC 180gr. and collecting the brass. It doesn't feel too bad for factory ammo and the 250 bulk packs aren't too terribly expensive. I plan to start with a Titegroup load and 180s once I start loading for .40 later this year.

Andy C.

4.3gr titegroup

180 jhp zero bullets

win. sp primers

mixed brass

I shoot the same load, except I use 4.7 grains of Titegroup.

Edited by chp5

Andy C.

4.3gr titegroup

180 jhp zero bullets

win. sp primers

mixed brass

I use 4.7gr of Titegroup too, just to be sure I always meet power factor. I heard a lot of people use VV N320 too with great results.

Andy C.

4.3gr titegroup

180 jhp zero bullets

win. sp primers

mixed brass

I use 4.7gr of Titegroup too, just to be sure I always meet power factor. I heard a lot of people use VV N320 too with great results.

I never chrono'd my G35 when I had a 22 top end on it, but for the 35, I use 4.5gr of n320 and Zero bullets at 1.135. Very nice load, and makes about 168pf. There's lot of discussion on this in the reloading section under "40".

I call it the "Jack Hammer" (due to recoil with major loads) (see pic below) Started shooting it in production then had it lightened and did some trigger work and now shoot it in lim and lim 10. Dawson heavy Ice magwell, hi-viz front and rear fiber optic sights.

My load is 4.5 tite group

MG 180 fmj

OAL 1.125

70 pf

Thinking about trying a metal gun though 1911 style (armscor .40)

post-7565-1146188573_thumb.jpg

Went out in the backyard and test-fired my G22 set up this morning.

The pistol is set up with these recoil-controlling mods:

1. Brass THE magwell

2. Tungston guiderod

3. 15 lb. spring

All I can say is "DAYUUMM!!!" :blink::(:wacko:

This experience is decidedly un-fun!

My G24 soaks up recoil MUCH better....

NPHD, why did you lighten the slide on your G22? Do you feel this helped with the recoil?

Would a heavier recoil spring (18, 19, 20 lb.) help with the recoil?

Is this even worth messing with?

Andy C.

Went out in the backyard and test-fired my G22 set up this morning.

The pistol is set up with these recoil-controlling mods:

1. Brass THE magwell

2. Tungston guiderod

3. 15 lb. spring

All I can say is "DAYUUMM!!!" :blink::(:wacko:

This experience is decidedly un-fun!

My G24 soaks up recoil MUCH better....

NPHD, why did you lighten the slide on your G22? Do you feel this helped with the recoil?

Would a heavier recoil spring (18, 19, 20 lb.) help with the recoil?

Is this even worth messing with?

Andy C.

Andy,

I run a 15 lbs spring with a tungston rod and an aluminum mag well. Yep - you better hold on to it :D Grip tape helps. Try a heavier spring and shoot some Bill Drills to see/feel how it cycles and behaves in recoil.

However, I like the feel of it. The G22 seems to cycle faster than the G35 and much faster than the G24.

If you still have the G24, then go shoot some drills and compare the G24 and G22. It's an acquired taste ;)

Edited by chp5

I use a Bar-Sto fitted barrel, THE brass magwell, stainless steel guide rod and use ISMI 15lb spring with three loops cut away. Recoil seems decent, but not as flat as a G24 for sure.

Edited by norbs007

"All I can say is "DAYUUMM!!!" :blink::(:wacko:

This experience is decidedly un-fun!"

Andy C.

Thats why I call mine the "Jack Hammer"

In a match I don't notice the recoil as much as when I'm standing at the range punching holes.

I lightened the slide to increase cycle speed. It has been my experience that a lighter slide and spring transmits more of a recoil "slap" than a "push". I prefer the quick slap and it's over. The recoil push takes more time for me to get back on target (I'm not a big guy) My major loads aren't that uncomfortable to shoot but I don't shoot lawman out of it anymore.

Edited by nphd2000

4.1 grams n320 200grains lead 1.140

170+ pf

try using a 13lb. spring but i suggest using the reduced power striker spring, it will help trigger pull and more importantly, it will not pull the slide out of battery when using light recoil springs, also i suggest using the 12coil mag spring, to keep up w/ increased slide speed.

Thanks for the replies, everybody.

I took the G22 with my G24 frame on it to the range yesterday. You were right, when shooting drills the recoil was less noticable than when shooting groups or chronoing.

The load I worked up for my G24 made major in the G22, but just barely, and only later in the day when it had warmed up. Funny, though, that same load failed to make major in my G24. Ballistics are a funny thing!

Unfortunately, my reloads tended to nosedive into the feed ramp fairly often. Pretty wierd, since this never happens with my G24, and I was using the same magazines.

Anyway, I plan to order some Heinie to put on it, and play with it a bit more.

Andy C.

Unfortunately, my reloads tended to nosedive into the feed ramp fairly often. Pretty wierd, since this never happens with my G24, and I was using the same magazines.

Weird. What's the bullet and OAL?