Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New York State Rifle Championship

Less than a week to ago and just a reminder that we do NOT allow AP or Green Tip/109 ammo at our match. Stages are just about completed,WOW what a great time we will have.

We did tweak up some stages but pretty much the same as posted. Stages always look easy on paper until you physically lay them out in a pit. Hope for good weather and bring rain gear just in case

thanks

Louie

I shot Square Deal's match today, and it was a ball!

Louie and company put on a heck of a fun match. One stage went to 330m, while the others went from standards with a twist (El Pres with a frangible target on each sweep, close targets that were tough to get a rifle on while seeing the sights, wiggling platforms) to mixes of subsized targets and full sized ones, to a house shot cold (targets were outside, you was inside) and a couple of big field courses. It dragged a lot of us out of our comfort zone and wil force a lot of us to look at our riflery differently. And it was a lot of fun too!

For a guy who's experience greater than 100 yards has all been NRA High Power, the long range stage was an eye opener. Bravo!

On the entertainment side, our RO was shooting an M1A, and was fast. And there were spectators. Truth be known, they family members and folks scoping things out for their turn on Sunday, but hey, we should take all of the spectators we can get.

I saw something else too. When someone ran a stage nicely, there were not only compliments, but there was applause. This is a crowd to emulate.

I wish that I could have hung out longer, but I came in from Michigan, and needed to guide a little airplane home before it turned into a punkin. I am definitely going back for more. Other people were saying the same thing...

Billski

Louie:

Thanks for the great match!!

We all had a lot of fun!

You might want to think about E X P A N D I N G the match to three days (like you don't already have too much work).

I have to admit-your Fun House stag was a blast!!!

The special flash targets were an additional touch I had not seen before. And not to mention the clay bird targets-OB is gonna get some of them!!!

I got some video of you (and your hat) on at least two stages-I'll mail a DVD to you in a week or so.

Hope to see ya at Topton and then OB!

Dave

The FSC boys shot it today and we had a great time. Dare I say better than last years match? The free pizza and sodas were very good, lunch hit the spot. In fact, that was my best stage.

If you live withing a few hundred miles of this match, and you didn't shoot it, you missed a good one.

Lots of sun was great too!

Even managed to save some mud so we would remember where we were. :P

Thanks to everyone, You worked hard, and put on a fun match.

Edited by wide45