Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rifle-/shotgun Class In Germany ?

Hello,

We would like to hold a practical rifle and/or shotgun class on the other side of the big pond - in this case in Germany.

Is somebody of the US top shooters / top instructors interested to come to Germany to hold such classes ?

The main focus should be on IPSC-style practical shooting.

I have been in contact with Matt Burkett on this topic in the past - but the contact ebbed down unfortunately.

So - is anybody interested in this project ?

DVC

THOR-HAMMER

From what I have seen you have a few experianced and shrewd IPSC shotgunners in Germany already - from what I remember at the ESC in 2003 Mike Myers,George Moskop and Uve and others were handy with a shotgun and no mistake !!

I cant talk for rifle but shotgun wise you guys are pretty good already ! Mike is currenty ranked 8th or 9th in Europe if I recall.

On the IPSC Global Village it would appear Mike Voigt is doing a shotgun course in Terni in Italy later this year - he may be your man !

Also on thinking about it.......

I would also throw into the mix that Mr Kurt 'Weak Hand' Miller is having not 1 but 2 European shooting vacations this year - and not only is he an ex Gunsite instructor but is in my mind probably the best shotgun and rifle shooter I have ever had the pleasure to meet - and he also likes dark beer which makes up for his numerous personallity defects ! :lol::rolleyes::P

Edited by mike.45

From what I have seen you have a few experianced and shrewd IPSC shotgunners in Germany already - from what I remember at the ESC in 2003 Mike Myers,George Moskop and Uve and others were handy with a shotgun and no mistake !!

I cant talk for rifle but shotgun wise you guys are pretty good already ! Mike is currenty ranked 8th or 9th in Europe if I recall.

Hi Mike.45,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Due to the fact that I am shooting practical pistol, shotgun and rifle since approximately 25 years while living in Germany I know these German guys also very well.

But speaking frankly - I don´t think that these guys are actually shooting on the same level as Mr. Kurt Miller or Mr. Matt Burkett - to name only two of the best 3-gunners actually living on planet earth.

And we want to learn and to be trained only from the best instructors available - because in the near future we want to beat these nice US-guys in competition :-)

DVC

THOR-HAMMER

P.S.: Your recommendations in your second post are much better and I am already in contact with one of the guys you named there.

Thor,

if you're interested in Mike Voigt's shotgun course in Italy, Terni (the range that hosted the European Shotgun Championship in 2003, ask Kurt M., he's been there), I can provide all info you might want to get.

PM or email me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Thor, what are the laws like traveling in Germany with shotguns? 3 guns? What paper work is required to come play in your part of the world while it is still aloud?

Hi,

In case you are EU-Citizen you need an European Firearms Certificate and an inviation from the match organizer and you are ready to go - exempted of course "Tony Blairs Island" :)

In case you come from a not so cultured country you have to follow other procedures. :o

DVC

THOR-HAMMER

If I recall pistol grip shotgun stocks are taboo in Germany... ? ...maybe ??? :mellow:

Hi Mike,

I deeply regret that I have to confirm herewith that we have over here in Germany also very crazy politicians :wacko: - no doubt about this fact.

But - up to now they didn´t manage to disarm us ! B)

And on the topic of pistol grip shotgun stocks - it is not much lost due to this regulation because on which occasions do you need a shotgun only equipped with a pistol grip ???

DVC

THOR-HAMMER

I think what mike.45 means is not a pistol grip on its own, but a normal stock that incorarates a pistol grip....? Like a standard stock for an AR-15???

if you look at mikes picture on his profile, like that.!?!

;)

I think what mike.45 means is not a pistol grip on its own, but a normal stock that incorarates a pistol grip....? Like a standard stock for an AR-15???

if you look at mikes picture on his profile, like that.!?!

;)

Hi,

I am actually not aware of the fact that a normal stock incorporating a pistol grip is banned in Germany :unsure:

Maybe he can give me a hint in which law or regulation I can find this ban ?

DVC

THOR-HAMMER