Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Uspsa Production-legal Belts

RobE1010

I am trying to get clarification on the allowances for belts for USPSA Production division. I currently use a Wilderness Instructor belt for daily wear, IDPA and USPSA matches. However, I was wondering if standard inner/outer belt (CR Speed or Safariland) combinations are allowed for use in USPSA Production division like they are allowed for all the other USPSA divisions. I know about the holster and mag holders limitations and position already but not sure about the belt. Can anybody clarify or educate me? I'm wondering since I'm shooting a state match next week.

Belt is not so much an issue as the placment of the holster and mag pouches.

In fact if you use a inner/outer setup such as CR Speed, it makes it much easier to keep your holster and mag pouch placement permanent. I am currently using a Safariland inner/outer setup for Production, and I am disgusted with it because my Bladetech holster and my CR SPeed mag pouches wont cinch down to keep them in place, so they keep moving around. I always have to check them at the start of every COF to make sure I am still legal in USPSA Prod. I am going to just replace it with a CR SPEED.

Belt is not so much an issue as the placment of the holster and mag pouches.

In fact if you use a inner/outer setup such as CR Speed, it makes it much easier to keep your holster and mag pouch placement permanent. I am currently using a Safariland inner/outer setup for Production, and I am disgusted with it because my Bladetech holster and my CR SPeed mag pouches wont cinch down to keep them in place, so they keep moving around. I always have to check them at the start of every COF to make sure I am still legal in USPSA Prod. I am going to just replace it with a CR SPEED.

Uncle Mikes makes an inner and outer belt combo with a trilock buckle on the outer belt, too (tactical gear). This is definately not where most people look for their USPSA gear, but it's cheap, adjustable, the inner belt is the soft part of the velcro and the outer belt is the "tear the crap out of everything part" the same as CR's set-up, and is stiff enough to support the any weight. It's also 1 3/4" wide. This stops a lot of the Production type gear from wandering or having a bunch of loop on the gear not filled (like on the Blade-tech double mag pouch made for IDPA). Lastly, buy some industrial weight velcro self adhearing strips at any X-mart or home improvement store and affix it to the back of your pouch loop and holster loop. When you put on the outer belt, adjust the gear to where it needs to be and then press the velcro together. Your gear won't wander anymore.