Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Major 9 Barrel Selections

Darianis

Major 9??? Uh... ramped, no doubt about it. Ramped barrels gained popularity when people were blowing out .38 Super cases at old Major a long time ago. I believe there was even a rule for a while that you had to run a ramped barrel if you were going to run a 9ish gun at Major - but I can't remember for sure.

While new major (165 PF) is lower pressure, frankly, it's still awful hot - support that case all the way around, and you'll avoid speed unloading your magazines, or worse, if you get a worn or marginal case in there...

If you're planning on doing the "buy once fired brass" thing with your Major 9, I wouldn't even begin to risk an unramped barrel....

BTW - mods might want to move this to a more appropriate forum. The classifieds isn't the best spot for it ;)

Major 9??? Uh... ramped, no doubt about it. Ramped barrels gained popularity when people were blowing out .38 Super cases at old Major a long time ago. I believe there was even a rule for a while that you had to run a ramped barrel if you were going to run a 9ish gun at Major - but I can't remember for sure.

July 1, 1990. "38 Super ammunition using jacketed bullets of less than 150 grains [..] and loaded to major PF are prohibited unless used in a fully supported chamber". Same BOD meeting as banned 9x19 under 1.250" long.

It's amazing what all's in that one old Jan/Feb 1991 Front Sight.

thanks for the input guys. Now I see why I was able to get that bbl so cheap on ebay :-) But it was really cheap no no big loss.

BTW anyone want a 9mm bbl new stainless for $50 :)

Edited by Darianis

hehe I'll do the best I can. the bbl is stainless 5" nowlins unramped chambered in 9mm. MFG is unknown. I don't have any pics yet but will post when I get a chance.

I didn't really expect anyone to be intrested heh so the responce is a bit suprising. More info to follow.