Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Difference Between Beven's Mag Springs And Others

Flyin40

Wondering how much a difference there is between Bevens springs and Ismi's. I used Ismi all last yr and they worked great. I used both the 11 coil and 13 coils. They cost more so I was looking at alternatives before I replace them. I never realized he made his own springs.

Flyin40

I've been using Beven's followers and springs for the last year, they work great in every magazine I've put them in, tuned, or untuned. They last a long time and are very reliable. However his springs only fit his followers. The springs will NOT fit other followers.

Nolan

If you were using ISMI springs with Beven's followers, those are the OLD style which were modified STI/SVI followers. The NEW style are completely different, the spring is captured by a tab with a through hole on the bottom of the follower.

Nolan

the spring is captured by a tab with a through hole on the bottom of the follower.

The captured follower is the sh!t. I can't tell you how many times I'd clean my mags and the follower would pop off. I've run most of the spring and follower combinations and his is by far the best.

Just checked my mags, I do have the new followers and his springs, LOL. For some reason I thought I ordered Ismi springs. I think what happened was that I ordered grams guts and ismi recoil springs at the same time.

Flyin40

Benny,

i tried this before using ISMI glock springs with Bevens followers and THEY DID NOT FIT!

I then called BEVEN to ask why and he replied that the ISMI was not designed to work with his folloer and that the follower angles and the placement of the top coil are not for use with his follower..

Why would anyone want to use Bevens followers with any other spring????

Bevens springs are designed for bevens followers...

This was passed on to me by a few local shooters who use beven's followers & base pads but have bought ismi glock springs from me & they said they work. I have not tried them myself. Beven say's they don't work & thats good enough for me.

I hate to be a naysayer here because I'm a big fan of both ISMI springs and Grams parts. I have for the last 3 years committed sacrilege and I will not change. My formula for a totally reliable 23 rounds of .40 ammo in my Para (22 in the mag and 1 up the pipe) is a Dawson base pad, a factory Para spring and a Grams follower. All a mm under 140. I wish I could figure out how to get in one more for some of those 24 round stages.