Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who Could Do A "race Cut" On A Set Of Heinies For Me?

Billmanweh

If you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself, call Caylor Custom Guns in Anna (outside McKinney) and he can hook you up, might be able to go and have done while waiting. Call and ask, can't hurt.

Mike

IIRC my builder would narrow the front site on a mill versus opening the notch.

I wouldn't bet on what I remember though.

FM

i have a set of race cut heinies from custom glock racing. they were ok...but what i like better (a lot better) is a regular rear with a thinned front. my current dawson front is .08 (i think the rear is .120), and i probably should have gone a bit thinner.

if you still would rather have an opened rear sight, i'll sell you mine.

Just like the dot size on a c-more, the width of the front size can give you different things.

A relatively fat front sight is easy to find and pick up. But, it covers up more target at distance. There is some give and take. Either way, those "light bars" each need to be the proper size to allow good/quick alignment. (Usually this means a thin front or wide rear, or some combo of both)

If you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself, call Caylor Custom Guns in Anna (outside McKinney) and he can hook you up, might be able to go and have done while waiting. Call and ask, can't hurt.

Mike

Thanks, I'll drop him a line.